NWA A320 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
a320drivr said:
I can tell you at jetBlue the APU is an enroute MEL that can be deferred by the crew.
Dude - that's the old terminology. It's a Crew Applied MEL (CA-MEL) now.

Cheers!
:)

Superbird said:
Different POI/FSDO's approve different procedures. Kinda like how SWA crews don't do walk-arounds on quick turns, rather their 'trained' ground crews are on the look out for damage.
Not quite sure what your talking about Superbird. Do you do a walk around everytime you get to the gate with the same plane. That would seem to me to be labor intensive and a waste of time.

I’m not sure I understand your Sinicism towards the way we operate here at SWA … rather efficient with regards to the current and past industry trends.

Superbird said:
Who knows how many thousands of dollars that cost the company.

Why on earth would any company not have the option to defer once pushed from the gate?

SWAdude,

Different POI/FSDO's approve different procedures. Kinda like how SWA crews don't do walk-arounds on quick turns, rather their 'trained' ground crews are on the look out for damage.

SB

SB,

I have worked for six airlines of which three are majors and all of them had pilot deferred maintenance procedures. As I witnessed possibly the other day, it is terribly inefficient without them.

I would still like to here back from someone that flies for NWA.

SWAdude :cool:

Dude,

Here's a tip for you. Why don't you worry about your own operation and your own airplane and keep your nose out of other companies business. There's nothing worse than a "Captain" who thinks they know everything about everyone else's operation. MYOB. If you don't like the way NWA does business, then don't buy tickets on them anymore. I'm sure they would cry over the loss of your business.:rolleyes:

Well this is getting particularly ugly.

I have to admit that Im a bit disturbed by my fellow SWA pilots behavior and would urge him to be a bit more polite.

MELs and procedures are universal for the most part, but by aircraft type. An APU write up with MEL might or might not require maintenance depending on what the failure actually was and why the APU failed even at SWA. Dont believe me consult the MEL list that is now even available on SWALIFE. You see the problem with being a Monday morning quarterback, especially from the back of the airplane (a particular pet peeve of mine) is you dont know why the APU failed, or why maintenance was called, or why the airplane could not complete the flight on schedule. You have to trust as do all YOUR passengers that the airplane is being operated by a competent crew that will follow procedures and provide their passengers with a safe flight. Perhaps we should just thank the captain for taking the necesary steps to provide safe aircraft operation, and getting you to your destination, late but in one piece.

At NWA thing are done at very conservitive level.Have for the 26 yrs I'v been here.Comes right from the top and as they write the check......

I fly the 'bus for NW and can tell you that we CAN & DO have pilot deferred mx. The problem may be why the APU did an auto shutdown? :confused: Or maybe there was an existing MEL that required an operating APU (deferred generator for instance). :confused: Who knows...only the guys up front...and I'm sure they did the right thing.:) Sorry you missed your connection...but as they say...$hit Happens.

RJones said:
Not quite sure what your talking about Superbird. Do you do a walk around everytime you get to the gate with the same plane. That would seem to me to be labor intensive and a waste of time.

I’m not sure I understand your Sinicism (sic) towards the way we operate here at SWA … rather efficient with regards to the current and past industry trends.
So nothing ever occurs to the outside of your aircraft that you can't tell from the cockpit? Just curious. Second guessing anothers operation is pompous and shows a real lack of class. Every airline has their own approach arrived at by the circumstances they have encountered. Perhaps the majority of other airlines do walk arounds between legs because the undetected birdstrike or tire gone flat has caused them a problem in the past - who knows? It's their right to do what makes sense to them.

No cynicism towards your ops - perhaps you could try the same.

Murk

Latest resources

Back