• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA 747 nosegear collapse GUM

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What speed does a 747 usually touchdown at?

150kts if ya are heavy....120 light.

Extremely rare for a 747 nose gear to not come down...If the hydraulics fail, gravity will do, if gravity fails, the F/E can crank it down manually.

Wonder about the above statement :"Too late for a go-around" ???

CSY Mon said:
150kts if ya are heavy....120 light.

Extremely rare for a 747 nose gear to not come down...If the hydraulics fail, gravity will do, if gravity fails, the F/E can crank it down manually.

Wonder about the above statement :"Too late for a go-around" ???

Yeah the whole thing seems a little strange.

Here's a link to a local newspaper article where the helicopter pilot makes this statement. The article doesn't fit together, it's clear that something was "lost in translation". The article claims that the airplane did multiple flybys, something I'm pretty sure is incorrect. It also says the pilot applied to brakes to put more weight on the front... yeah I'm sure that's what he was trying to do.

I also love how they did such a great job to get stopped on a 10,000 foot runway with 600' left.

http://www.kuam.com/news/14741.aspx

The following NOTAMS show as current at PGUM

A0195/05 - RUNWAY CLOSED 06L/24R WIE UNTIL UFN

A0198/05 - RUNWAY 06R NON PRECISION 10000 FT WIE UNTIL UFN

A0199/05 - RUNWAY 24R NON PRECISION FIRST 2000 FT CLOSED 8000 FT REMAINING WIE UNTIL UFN

So it appears that they have opened 6R at its new longer length, but without the ILS and precision runway markings. And they have opened the "unoccupied" portion of 24R (presumably just for takeoffs!)

They'll try and nail this on the pilots you know, they're fried.
That is a well-known defective airplane, the faa should ground the fleet before more people die.
Anyone hear how they think terrorists are involved?
WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP SPECULATION, IT DRIVES ME NUTS!!!
Shut up!
You shut up!
What do you know about it, you only have xxxx hours and still suck your momma's t1t!
I have more time landing with the nose gear up than you do total time, loser, so I don't want to see you posting here, Mr. PFT.

Anyone know of any good bbq near that airport?

There. This thread is now complete, just like all the others!

The thread's not complete, I still haven't figured out what kind of headset and flight case I should buy for my shiny new jet. And this is all Bush's fault.

Still missing a few things......

1. Who is North West going to merger with?
2. Are the pilots of Airline X going to get stapled to the bottom?
3. Should should I work for bottom feeder x or y? I dont have an interview with any of them.

GOSH!

Latest resources

Back