• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NTSB: Sleep aids should be OK in fighting pilot fatigue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And I'll bet YOU made changes to your life/schedule to mitigate those consequences and keep YOURSELF within your safety limits. That's all I'm sayin...

The problem with Big Brother stepping in to solve all our problems is that there are always unintended consequences.

Oh... Youre an ideologue- "all regulation is bad"--
i get you now.

I think that is very naive- people- even professionals, do very stupid things when fighting for their economic survival- there must be a starting point, minimum standard that everyone has to abide by- and long term fatigue issues are important-

I was able to move on to southwest- so I did- but the vast majority of airlines have no intention of treating their pilots as well-
And I don't forget where I come from-

The 25yo pilot fighting for a career is not as invincible as he thinks- and yes, ought to have a science based legal leg to stand on to keep his short term fatigue safe and his long term health in the green

just admit it, most pilot are taking ambein( or other name brands). I hear the stories, no need to hide. Hiding will only empower the FAA more. If the group stands as a whole these limitation will be removed so we can all live longer healthier lives. no need to continue to tell you body to fall asleep at 8pm then 12 am the next night. absolutely impossible, theses types of schedule are why we show up looking punch drunk at 4am.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back