NTSB Final Report on Corporate Airlines 5966

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Andy Neill said:
I agree with you that continuing on until you get a normal angle is the safe thing to do. I do not agree that this approach is not legal.

But the safety (i.e., terrain/obstacle avoidance) is built into the regulation and TERPS criteria -- there's no legal wiggle room for a judgment call on how much or when you can duck under the MDA early (before the normal approach profile).

Not understanding this reg could easily get you a down on a checkride. Well, and then there's the whole Controlled Flight Into Terrain thing.

masedogg19 said:
OK....as I said before....I have the entire initial report...pictures and everything....I just read the transcript.....at NO time during the final approach phase were they joking or cursing at each other.....nor were they joking or cursing or ignoring the plane's warning system about approaching ground below.....the final report seems a little off.........

"I was extremely disappointed in what I heard" on the cockpit voice recorder, acting NTSB chairman Mark Rosenker said. "From the beginning to the end, it was unprofessional."

Moderator reviewed. Enough already, Lequip...your point has been made. To post more along this line is deliberate flamebaiting and won't be tolerated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lequip said:
"I was extremely disappointed in what I heard" on the cockpit voice recorder, acting NTSB chairman Mark Rosenker said. "From the beginning to the end, it was unprofessional."

Yes I'm quite capable of reading.....saw it the first time you posted it too.....but I disagree quite a bit with that statement.....

masedogg19 said:
OK....as I said before....I have the entire initial report...pictures and everything....I just read the transcript.....at NO time during the final approach phase were they joking or cursing at each other.....nor were they joking or cursing or ignoring the plane's warning system about approaching ground below.....the final report seems a little off.........
You, sir, are correct. This report is an abomination. You did not see the NTSB use phrases like "lack of professionalism" with regard to the AA crew in Little Rock. The board would never accuse Col. "management" Dickweed and his new-hire FO of lack of professionalism when they decided to land in a 55-knot crosswind and thunderstorm. These poor corpex guys have been dumped on because they were at the bottom of the food chain in respect in this industry. Others partially at fault have escaped blame, in my opinion.

masedogg19 said:
Yes I'm quite capable of reading.....saw it the first time you posted it too.....but I disagree quite a bit with that statement.....

Disagree all you want. He is the chairman of the NTSB and your a 1500 hour Willie FO. I think I know whose opinion I trust and it sure isn't yours!

Moderator reviewed...

apache said:
You, sir, are correct. This report is an abomination. You did not see the NTSB use phrases like "lack of professionalism" with regard to the AA crew in Little Rock. The board would never accuse Col. "management" Dickweed and his new-hire FO of lack of professionalism when they decided to land in a 55-knot crosswind and thunderstorm. These poor corpex guys have been dumped on because they were at the bottom of the food chain in respect in this industry. Others partially at fault have escaped blame, in my opinion.

Others partially at fault? Please explain. Who else is at fault here and don't play the fatigue card here. These pilots plain and simple screwd up big time. This one almost tops Pinnacles FL410 crash as one of the grossest examples of pilot incompetence and unprofessionalism. Just like playing the "race card" fatigue is nothing more than scapegoae in this case.

Moderator reviewed...

Wow....you're (not your) right...I'm wrong....the NTSB knows everything and always makes the correct proclamation and we should hold it on the same level as the Bible and the Constitution...............

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back