Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NTSB also looking at pilot compensation!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The media, NTSB and public will care about this for about 2 more weeks. Once the hearings are over with, they will care less, once again.
If the passengers keep their round trip airfare for $99, that's all they really care about.

The media, NTSB and public will care about this for about 2 more weeks. Once the hearings are over with, they will care less, once again.
If the passengers keep their round trip airfare for $99, that's all they really care about.

Unfortunately, I think you are correct. Passengers will pound their chest and demand change right up to the point that it cost them money. As consumers, we are our own worst enemy.

Yup. Or until the media finds another story to exploit.

Not with 250 hours, it isn't.

Your right then it is two weekends, 1 Bic pen, and $2500.

The problem really boils down to DPE's. As long as a guy can go out and give a bunch a check rides everyday for $400 people who shouldn't have a license to live will be licensed to fly.

Eliminate the DPE program, hire an abudance of FAA check airmen, and make every checkride (91/135/121) with an FAA examiner.

I got my first airline job with 800 hours, got through training no problem, then had no idea what I was doing when I got on the line. I think an ATP for all part 121 pilots is a solid idea. It won't fix everything, but it's a good start and a worthwhile requirement.

Agreed 100%.

Going for ATP standards will help, but how much.... dedicated pilots will have to 'pay their dues' in part 91 and part 135 operators till they get enough time. Contracts of coersion will start increase. Less dedicated pilots will drop out....

In the meantime, the MPL scheme is still coming towards reality. This will solidfy the puppy farms..

It seems that the economics of pay is the biggest motivator. More competiton for jobs, will attract the best qualified. How will govt or industry basically tell airlines to pay more, when airlines retort... the market is king and says we don't have too...

So the training will change either on paper or actually and the pay won't.

WTF? When did JetBlue raise it's RT fares from $69? BS, I say...

I like the idea of doubling the hour requirement for the ATP to 3000 hours, and requiring any FO for a 121 passenger carrier to meet the requirements of 135.243 c (135 IFR, i.e., 1200 hours).

You guys are correct that this would "weed out" the trust fund babies who aren't serious about this profession, and would have an enormous effect on wages. Everybody here should be writing a letter to their Congress person THIS WEEK! LIKE TODAY!!! Git on it!

You can always sell paint at Home Depot and make more money.

from the article below;
Before passengers fret crews' salaries, they might question how much they are willing to pay. The two are connected, say airline executives and pilots. "People will spend three hours on the Internet to save $8," says Arne Haak, vice-president for finance at AirTran Airways. "You know this! You do it yourself."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30809955/

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back