• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NPA's rebuttal....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
so what did they give as reason for your termination?

this is just the kind of crap that should make everyone raise all kinds of hell and put there resumes out everywhere....i gues klaus is making this place like nazi germany...

i can see him now talking to lear..." for you...zee war iz over....."

sucks dude...if you are ready to take up arms and burn this bitch down...i'm your man

No, I've been too busy trying to figure out how to pay the bills, talking to union reps and other pilots, and looking for a new job.

Klaus issued the termination letter today, for me and at least 2 other pilots.

No, I'm not kidding.

I hope you have got some good Labor Lawyers on your side. It appears AirTran management has decided that they would rather pay the settlement later and have you off property for the time being. Just be sure to make it so they pay you handsomely.

Best of luck in surviving until then.

hey lear

any way we can set up something to help you pay the bills until this thing gets settled?

if we dont look out for each other, no one will...

Lear,

I've seen this type of (mis)behavior before. Its in the back of the management playbook. Its one of their special teams plays they only pull out when nothing else is working. The purpose is not to punish you, its to frighten others. You will get your job back, 100% pay loss and probably a nice settlement, but it will take time. Management is hoping that during that time, they will frighten just enough pilots to get their way.

Here's the trick: yes, if you get fired for union activity, you eventually will get your job back with back pay. The kicker is that it is likely you'll work in the meantime, and the company will only be liable for the difference between what you earned at your new job and what you would have earned at your old one.

So they're not out a whole lot of money and the scare tactic works wonders on the other recalcitrants.

Good luck, this is union-busting 101.

I recently was called by another airline and at first I was not sure about leaving, but after what they did to Lear I have no regrets. I only wish I was able to rub my ass and shake hands w/ those weasels for trying to ruin your life and everyones career.

I convinced the rest of my buddies that were trying to get hired to go elsewhere. History will repeat itself and MCO will find themselves short handed of qaulified pilots. I was able to use most of my sick time due to illness and only wish I could use the rest in protest for Lear. Maybe everyone else can. Now I no longer have to know how much horsepower the stab trim motor has or how to hotwire a 717. Good luck guys and if your junior you will be making $80+/hour at another nearby airline and the training dept does not hate you for being young. Your oral is on a computer...

Sorry to hear this Lear. But I'm confident that you'll beat this. Scaretactic 101 at its best.

Should be a sign for anyone considering Airtran as their next stop. Do you really want to work for an outfit that is ran with an iron fist? Why? When all the legacies are hiring. That's right, some of them don't even make you take an oral. It is done on a computer.

You guys at Airtran should all chip in and hire a lawyer from ALPA. Im not saying ALPA is a save all but they do have really good lawyers for stuff like that. Lear put his neck out to help his fellow peers and that should not be forgotten. Start a fund to pay for a lawyer and someone should call ALPA national and see how much a lawyer would cost. If you get one I will even chip in. I have many friends at Airtran and u guys deserve better than what they are offering u.

Latest resources

Back