• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NPA playing Hardball to Airtran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Instead of looking at it as a way back to profitability and getting jobs back asap, The NPA BOD attempts to use this issue to make a stand. Some how, this is going to give us leverage?? I bet Kolski is laughing his a$$ off.

I don't think the Board is speaking for the majority, which is their elected duty. Hopefully, the company will ignore the union as they usually do.

Per MB the reduction and vacancy notice has been voided. A new vacancy notice will be published with the Dec 12 bids.

Sorry, but it's the other way 'round. The NPA is made up of members of the Pilot Group.

You want to change the CBA to protect your seat, and you're mad at the NPA for forcing the Company to follow the Contract, because it will cost YOU $50K/ :rolleyes:

We have a long-standing problem here if guys looking out only for themselves, instead of what is good for the Pilot Group. Guys who make their own deals . . . . guys who waive the Contract when it suits them, and this is another example of it.

The minute the NPA chooses the needs of the greater Pilot Group over your own narrow self-interest, you are blaming the NPA on a public forum . . . .:bawling:

How about blaming management for their screw up, instead of your fellow pilots?

Ty

Bingo!!! Make the company follow the contract, you know the one they p!ss on regularly. We make the problem worse every time we allow them to get away with it. They must learn to treat our elected officials as partners in the success of the airline. It takes a "big picture" view to understand. Until this group thinks "we" instead of "me" it will never improve. When they threatened us 169 with termination to keep the instructors, most of us said enforce the contract. Guys like Ty understand. The question is, will you walk the walk when it directly affects you?

When I first heard about the NPA objection - I thought WTF?? After talking to some folks and reading some of the posts here I now think that MB is absolutely correct on this one.

OUR Contract has some pretty clear language on this issue and needs to be honored by the company.

Anyone who thinks that if we just look the other way this once - then company would not try to use this as "status quo/precedent" in the future: well those folks have not been paying attention to how this company has treated us over the last several years.

Instead of looking at it as a way back to profitability and getting jobs back asap, The NPA BOD attempts to use this issue to make a stand. Some how, this is going to give us leverage?? I bet Kolski is laughing his a$$ off.

I don't think the Board is speaking for the majority, which is their elected duty. Hopefully, the company will ignore the union as they usually do.

You are a tool who does not understand solidarity, how a union works and how we should deal with mgmt during a sec. 6 negotiations.

And it's official - Looks like the Company caved and is doing what the NPA requires. I tell you; I was in the break room and some supposed p2p guy tells me what is going on with the award - and in the next sentence/breath rips MB a new one about how "bad of a decision he made". This same turkey went on to grumble about TWA and American merger for the 30 mins I was sitting there which is all he ever talks.

Lots of people say that we have a weak pilot group, it can only credit a weak union for that!
Sorry bud but I must ask you, who makes up the union? I don't understand why pilots just don't get it. The pilots are the union and the union is only as good as the pilots that take care of it. AGAIN FELLOW PILOTS, YOU ARE YOUR UNION! It doesn't matter NPA, ALPA, or Teamsters. The AirTran union is a function of the AirTran pilots and the members they elect to lead them!

OK, I understand the opposing positions and thinking we need to follow the contract by the tee. My point is, who is this hurting? Is it hurting anyone? Is it helping people, yes! Wait until they try to violate the contract and it hurts people to make a stink!

By the way, I don't, and won't fly right seat, don't like fo's picking up open time unless it's a trade, with guys on the street, and except for this one surprise, am as disgusted with the company's treatment of the pilot group as anyone else. Just don't get making a stand on this!

Latest resources

Back