NPA BoD endorses last-minute T.A.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Food for thought

Considering the fact that management lost out on both Midway and Midwest they are really trying to get a deal done (albeit at 50% +1). For the fifth time we have had an about face on a TA/Final offer/Last and final offer/TA2/etc.

IMHO if this deal falls through these guys will take a hit from the shareholders and institutional investors (read: loss of bonus money). Even if management were not the party who called everyone back to the table they gave a little each time....sort of like upping their own bid for Midwest.

While I have not read the latest version, and will before voting, I will not vote for a concessionary TA in any way, shape or form!

At this point even IF (and it's a big IF) TA2 is worthy of a yes vote I still think the recall has to go through! These guys will not stand up to any "re-interpretation" of a new contract, and we need people in there who will! And if the TA fails then we need some intelligent fighters in place to take it to them during what will undoubtedly be very interesting times!

Also keep in mind FOs, that this new TA could be as a result of a possible upcoming merger. Remember how our BOD/NC tried to sell us out for the Midwest merger. Most of us feel that if AirTran is still in the buying mood, that there is a good chance it will be Frontier. Now think about it. Frontier has between 50-60 airbus' about the number of 737-700s AirTran has coming. If this merger does come about and there is some type of exchange of aircraft, UPGRADES will come to a trickle! So those 3 year upgrades may turn into 6-10 year upgrades given the age of most AirTran and Frontier pilots. Don't fall for the carrot. We must fight for a contract that is equitable and rewards all of the pilots here at AirTran. (Frontier's FO pay beats AirTran's FO pay by a long shot). So you Frontier guys stay after us just in case our executives are cooking up a marriage. By the way, with all these profits.....where is our profit sharing?

I will tell everyone right now that if this thing gets voted in, I am outta here. I have been here for six months and I guarantee there will be an exodus of newly hired FO's if this thing goes. They are already having a hard time getting highly qualified people. I have been told firsthand that not too many people are interested in AirTran at Airinc conferences.

I came here thinking this was a better place, with some good morale. It's on the verge of going down the tubes. On the other hand, if we get some good leaders in there, it could go the other way.

I'm Praying...

RECALL AP . . . RECALL AP Again ! ! !

Will probably add reasons to recall AP at the beginning for those on the fence, especially after my phone call yesterday where I found out that Allen PERSONALLY gave up the window/aisle seat at System Board, not Laura or Sal.

:puke: Thank you AP . . . I really appreciate you PERSONALLY volunteering your time to screw your bro's.

:angryfire Guys, at the roadshows, please take the opportunity to ask AP what he was thinking ? ? ?
I can already hear it now, "I did not give up the window/aisle seat." GMAFB ! ! ! :angryfire

Rant Over.

Hal,
I greatly appreciate what you are saying. I am jealous of the relationship you have between your union (pilot group) and your management team. Heck, for that matter I'm just plain jealous of your management team having accomplished all that they have and still treated their employees like human beings. We unfortunately do not enjoy that kind of rapport with our "management." I'm not saying ALPA is a panacea but it would be an improvement for us in our current situation. It appears to me that the in house union only works if management is willing to work with us, not steamroll us at every opportunity. If ALPA shows up here then JL and SK have no one to thank but themselves for driving us to it.

ATA Managment and Pilots don't have that great a relationship. Morale is pretty low at ATA.

I'll say it again. It doesn't matter what union you're in, it matters who you elect to lead you. It matters what opinions you pass up to those that represent you. It matters what kind of he11 you can raise when they screw up!

where is the new proposal? i can't find it anywhere? is it posted somewhere or are we just supposed to take their word for it and vote? God, this place is a friggin' joke.... I'm voting Hell No just for the principle that this is a completely unprofessional outfit.

I changed my vote tonight from YES, NO, NO to YES, YES, NO. Back away from the table and let the pilot group speak....just once.

Latest resources

Back