November 8, the other “1108”

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Medication

You made a few mistakes, you inserted the wrong words. I've corrected them for you. No need to thank me.

______

Why do pilots keep unionizing? All unions did for NetJets was drag out negotiations, costing the company money and ill-will from management. In the end, the company offered a decent contract and unions walked away with a big chunk of money after delaying that contract. So in essence, all unions did was earn themselves a nice payday at the expense of their pilot's profitability.

I wonder why can't pilots and other companies see that, especially during times of negotations

"Bob" You really need to get back on your medication. These fancifully delusions that you are having, while comical, have you completely removed from reality. You know the events that are the history of the NJ negotiation and you know it was management that drug their feet for years with excuse after excuse for stalling the completion of a contract. The only thing that previous Union leadership was guilty of was poor leadership. The current leadership to their credit did a masterful job of forcing management to be serious about ending the negotiations process.

Take the meds "Bob":nuts:

Neither. I think it's all bullsh*t. :(

Holy cow!! We agree on SOMETHING!!

Then you ruined it with the same moronic crap you always try. I'm beginning to think you are completely hopeless:nuts:

You made a few mistakes, you inserted the wrong words. I've corrected them for you. No need to thank me.

______

Why do pilots keep unionizing? Pilots unionize to protect themselves, their families, and their jobs. All unions did for NetJets was drag out negotiations, There wouldn't be any negotiations without the union, now would there? costing the company money and ill-will from management. Management came to 1108, not the other way around. In the end, the company offered a decent contract and unions walked away with a big chunk of money after delaying that contract. So in essence, all unions did was earn themselves a nice payday at the expense of their pilot's profitability. That last sentence makes no sense at all.

I wonder why can't pilots and other companies see that, especially during times of negotations

I added a few remarks in red for your consideration.

I do have a SERIOUS question for you. Why do you think a pilot goes to work? Is it to make money for the company?

Maybe they go to work to make money for their family? If THAT is the case, wouldn't that pilot want the very BEST for his/her family? Who would say to a company, "I think I earn too much. Would you reduce my salary for me? Thanks."

I'll tell you how I do it. I don't show up to work to make NJA a big pile of money. That is a pleasant side effect. I go to work to make money for my family. Do you think NJA is going to voluntarily pay me $100,000/year to fly a Citation Ultra? Nope. The only way I was going to get that is through the collective power of 1108.

Now, I've heard all of your arguments before. (Said in a whiney B19 voice) "Unions are going to do nothing but bankrupt companies." Look at NetJets B19. We are making money hand over fists. $109 million in the first 2 quarters. That is WITH a decent contract. Imagine what we are going to make under the 2007 TA!!!

Here is another thing to think about. Mr. Santulli has said that he wants some form on union on property. Why you ask? A union pilot is not going to be pressured to do something immoral, illegal, or unsafe because he will have union support. He WANTS the SAFEST operation possible.

she's been right about one thing, her name ain't Bob, its Robert.

sorry for the misunderstanding Robert.:beer:

Sadly, Bob, your revisionist style doesn't jibe with the facts.

How many of the pilots you continue to beat down feel that they don't need a union?

Keep trying but sadly, every attempt to "educate" people to your absurd views does nothing more than unify the people you seek to dissuade.

So please, keep it up.

Sadly, Bob, your revisionist style doesn't jibe with the facts.

How many of the pilots you continue to beat down feel that they don't need a union?

Keep trying but sadly, every attempt to "educate" people to your absurd views does nothing more than unify the people you seek to dissuade.

So please, keep it up.

Those were your own words with "pilot" subsituted for "H&F".

Nothing more.

Does Bob/B19lyer post on any of the other boards here? Any threads other than the Flight Options threads? Flex threads? CS threads?

What a dork. If he is who he said he is, and is at an airline but comes on here and posts and reads this board...what a complete blubbering fool.

Every single pilot that works where I do.

You work for Flight Options and you honestly believe that "Every single pilot" at Flight Options feels that they don't need a union?

I wonder what the FLOPS pilots viewing this thread think of your statement.

Those were your own words with "pilot" subsituted for "H&F".

Nothing more.

And yet, it makes no sense to substitute "pilot" for H&F.

And yet at NetJets, management can actually work with 1108. It's a concept worth exploring.

I guess 10% (maximum) feel we absolutely don't need a Union. That's not to say 90% are totally on board. There will always be a percentage who would like to reap the benefits afforded by the Union, but refuse to help. Just my 2 cents...

Latest resources

Back