Nov 3 JB Newhire class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many days off per month for rsv?

12 or 13, which equals about 8 or 9 days a month at home. That is unless you plan on moving to N.Y.

Callouts? 2 hours. Long call went away when they unilaterally implimented the new FSM. Technically it still exists, but the staffing no longer supports its use.

Home reserve versus airport reserve? I've never had to sit airport reserve. All other reserve is home reserve(crash pad).

Short call/long call? See posts above!

Just trying to lay out the facts as they are. I hope it helps you decide if B6 is the place you really want to hang your hat. Although B6 pilots don't wear hats!

There are only 15 reserve lines on the 190 in JFK for NOV..... according to that FACT.. there will be guys finishing IOE from the Sept. 8 class holding a line out of training...

There are only 15 reserve lines on the 190 in JFK for NOV..... according to that FACT.. there will be guys finishing IOE from the Sept. 8 class holding a line out of training...

only if the bid divisor is lowered. Otherwise we'll just more reserves.

I do not believe ANY new hire will hold a line out of training...if thats the case...then there are NO reserves and we're *************************ed.

The fact is that we have been short staffed for quite some time now. Please don't expect to hold a line out of training. There will be more reserves because we need more reserves. This summer, the company put out RSA's on a daily basis for just about every seat in every base. RSA's continue to come out each week for this month, but not nearly as much as the summer.

There's really no way to accurately predict how long one will sit on reserve. Things change on a daily basis. It is an airline after all. For some, reserve here may be better than plenty of other places, but we definitely need improvements in our current reserve system. The new FSM made it worse. Not trying to paint an ugly picture by any means. I think we have a great airline here......but there is much room for improvement! And we are working on it as I write. Regardless, welcome aboard! It's great to see some movement here. Hopefully the hiring and upgrading will continue.

Pro JetBlue
Pro Union

I have news for you, it sucks everywhere.

That's not really news to me but thanks! I'd take the Sourthwest model for reserves over the mismanagement of the reserves at B6 any day!

P.S. I don't need to hear from the if you don't like it leave crowd! I would just prefer to see management improve the reserve system so that it's a little more equitable for those on reserve.

Last edited:
That's not really news to me but thanks! I'd take the Sourthwest model for reserves over the mismanagement of the reserves at B6 any day!

P.S. I don't need to hear from the if you don't like it leave crowd! I would just prefer to see management improve the reserve system so that it's a little more equitable for those on reserve.

Don't worry legally binding representatives will do more to fix Jetblue reserve than 11 years of 'Do the Right Thing", "Values" and the "Pilot Valueless Committee" has done.

That is of course the FAA and whenever they implement the new rest rules. The shame is that even at the FAA Safety is the #1 value after cost.

It's that awesome: 11 years of the direct relationship and we only have to wait 3 more year for the FAA.

It is no wonder the brainfarts at DPA are not trying to implement the direct relationship.

Latest resources

Back