• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Not so good news about flight 3407

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know your "why" is a sincere one, but really, this is the same press that leaked a CIA agent's name in order to help a gov't retaliate against an opponent. The same media that has

" Greta"
"nancy Grace"
"rachel maddow"
"lou dobbs"
dip $hip Hannity
OMFG O Reilly"
" budda fluckin bing"

Can we expect anything short of this? I just posed a really stupid question.

You guys are not criticizing the media, are you?? I love the media, they're always fair, accurate, and usually wait for investigations to be completed before they report. They never, ever jump to conclusions....I trust the media's opinion, more so than the NTSB's......God bless the media

I'd like to know as well why the NTSB is leaking this stuff. The caveat that is neatly hidden in most of the articles is, "There is still evidence to be examined." Then back to the speculation.

Did anyone ever doubt that the cause of the space shuttle was something other (caught on video) than a 2.2 lb piece of foam that hit the leading edge of a wing, exposing it underneath, and that the foam struck said wing at 1800mph?

It was over in minutes, but the system is always served by exausting every other cause, ruling them out which takes time, and issuing a final summary.

For another Q400 to come in right afterwards is just all you need to well, jump real quick to conclusions.

The crew is honorable and this is serious business. They don't need to be disparaged. Something good always comes out of this.

Did anyone ever doubt that the cause of the space shuttle was something other (caught on video) than a 2.2 lb piece of foam that hit the leading edge of a wing, exposing it underneath, and that the foam struck said wing at 1800mph?

It was over in minutes, but the system is always served by exausting every other cause, ruling them out which takes time, and issuing a final summary.

For another Q400 to come in right afterwards is just all you need to well, jump real quick to conclusions.

The crew is honorable and this is serious business. They don't need to be disparaged. Something good always comes out of this.

I know it's off topic, but Nasa probably knew all along the Columbia would not make it back, but there was no way to rescue the astronauts so hush hush.

that's right

You guys are not criticizing the media, are you?? I love the media, they're always fair, accurate, and usually wait for investigations to be completed before they report. They never, ever jump to conclusions....I trust the media's opinion, more so than the NTSB's......God bless the media
Remember the media was the first to come up with the Carb icing problem, notice how the NTSB has been dodging this issue during this investiagtion. You can count media keep everyone informed with the latest information other are afraid to report.

At one point the right wing was perpendicular to the ground, according to information taken from the flight data recorder.

But the left wing wasn't. That sentence right there should tell you all you need to know about the average reporter when dealing with aviation.

Sorry, I just don't buy that theory - whether or not it came from 'an investigator' That's BS!

Latest resources

Back