Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Not another DCA thread... this one is different!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Beware of the sales pitch DCA!

Here's the thing about DCA.
They fired three of the chief flight instructors at once.
The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
They have a massive shortage of instructors.
They are making allot of changes before the others can have the bugs worked out.
They have changed the flight blocks to a total of 1.5hrs per block which means more money for the school and an increase in time before you are finished a rating. What if you hold short for 15min, what if it takes time to get cleared back into Charlie/Bravo.
They are trying to concentrate more on foreign contracts with governments rather than the people here trying to go to the regionals.
Be very weary of the sales pitch you get them at every school.

good luck!

how are those chinese guys treatin ya?

maybe you should teach them engrish, english.

i was with jax center and one of them called up and the guy wanted to know what type of airplane he was in and had no idea what he was being asked. he just kept repeating (rote) what he knew for a flight following.

To DCAinstructor06 and anyone who is contemplating adopting his "technique" for flying or teaching ILS...

Flying a reference heading while conducting an instrument approach is critical. It is not, as you state, "crap". In fact, when you progress to higher performance airplanes, you will find that your technique (which my peers call "chasing the needles") will not work, and you will frequently be going missed approach due to full scale deflection of the localizer. That is, unless you also decide that full scale deflection of the localizer is a "crap" reason to go missed approach, in which case we will be reading about you. I would advise that you do not reject the time tested techniques of those who have gone before you.

West Houston, thanks for taking the time to record your experiences. I am sure that there are many readers of these boards who are seeking the information you provide.

Safe Flying,

B-727

.... Screw reference heading crap, Winds change from altitude down to DA by flying the needles, you can leave the 5degree crab to the right, uh I mean 5 to the left crap for cruise. In nasty weather getting your ass handed to you from the turbulence, the last thing you want to screw with is a reference heading.

HAHAHAHA! Man DCAinstructor....I hope your students are getting to fly with other instructors on your days off. That is the biggest load of (*&% I've ever heard. "Screw the reference heading crap"? Are you serious? I can't wait to hear what you have to say when you are actually flying a plane on an ILS at a speed greater than 90 KIAS.

Oh, my side hurts....that was a good one!!!!!

Latest resources

Back