Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Northwest to declare Chapter 11 in 3, 2, 1. . .

• Thread starter Towelie
  • Start date
  • Watchers 17

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JohnyChimpo99 said:
I just heard today that AWAC is talking with NWA for a home for some of their 50 seaters. We have heard this NWA rumor alot over here, but this one might have some truth. US Airways wants us to bid on 27 E190's, but we need to get rid of one 50 for every 90 seat we get. We are also up against CHQ and Mesa for these aircraft orders, so not holding my breath. Rumor has it that NWA told AWAC that they don't want to finance any more aircraft for Pinnacle and might need some of our 50 seaters to fill the gap. Might only be rumor.

Wow. That post listed at least 6 airlines and possibly 3 or 4 different rumors. You need to spread them out a little. If NWA had their druthers, they would finance everything they could and give it to Pinnacle or Mesaba. We supply all the cheap labor, pay all the aircraft leases, and make Big Red Tail a crapload of money.

The only rumor in this is weather NWA and AWAC are talking. The E190 statment is true and has been confirmed by our managment. All the US Airways non-wholly owned airlines are bidding on 27 E190's but have to swap 1/1 with their 50 seaters.

NWA makes a TON of money off of subleasing aircraft. I would assume that NWA paid something close (if not less) to market rates for CRJ leases. This is just short of $100,000/month. NWA turns around and charges PCL up around $190,000/month for these same aircraft.

If NWA goes into bankruptcy though they will probably not be able to secure very good (if any) terms on new leases. They may have to look outside of te current NW family or require an existing Airlink partner to purchase aircraft for themselves.

JohnyChimpo99 said:
The only rumor in this is weather NWA and AWAC are talking. The E190 statment is true and has been confirmed by our managment. All the US Airways non-wholly owned airlines are bidding on 27 E190's but have to swap 1/1 with their 50 seaters.

That being Mesa, Chaniqua, Republic and who else? Rebublic Airlines used to be a descent name until bought by NWA...coincidence?

kmox29 said:
Any jet that would come to Mesaba that has more than 69 seats would require an opening of Section 3 of our contract since we have no pay rate for those types of aircraft. And yes, it would be more than the Avro.

That's what should happen. If 70 seaters show up, we will see. I believe our MEC has agreed to some pretty wild things for larger jets in years gone by. I also believe that the DC-9 pilots at NW get paid the same for that little -10 as they do for the -50, but they also have a payscale for all types of aircraft, unlike our contract.

I can see the Mgmt argument...

"Well, sure, but, um, actually, the Avro is an aircraft designed for 85 seats, so a CRJ-700 should be at a rate significantly lower than the Avro."

That's not what I am advocating, just what I can see happen.

Rough67 said:
Butters said:
I agree, Dodge. If we start flying 70 seaters regardless of how the deal is worked out, we will never see another jumpseat on NWA. Those guys will certainly take it out on us.

No we won't.. (i mean we if i do get back someday)

Just in the last few months I've had rough jumpseat experiences onboard -9s and 320s.

What's one of the first questions an NWA driver asks you when you ride with them?.................. 'What aircraft are you on?'

Latest resources

Back