Are we there yet?
It's official. Let the games begin.

Best of luck everyone!

Link

EagleRJ said:
It's official. Let the games begin.

Best of luck everyone!

Link
Oh boy...they are my prefered airline to ride on. I don't blame the mechanics, I just hope it turns out well.

Commuted back in from detroit last nite. NWA rebooked alot of people on Delta last nite and also had canceled a good number of flights today by 9pm last nite.

Apparently many of the lavatory trucks mysteriously broke at DTW last nite and they only had one that worked delaying some flights also.

I for one won't be flying on Northwest as long as the mechanics are on strike. My family won't be, either.They're expecting their scab mechanics to be able to walk in and pick up where their 20-year-experience mechanics left off. That just ain't going to happen! Just because you have an A&P doesn't mean you'll be able to just walk on and keep NW's fleet up and running. I'm sure there will be numerous problems with half-fixed aircraft being rushed back into service.

I expect that as more and more aircraft are written up, the cancellations will grow until the company's schedule eventually grinds to a halt. Before it does however, the planes will not be as airworthy as they were before the strike began.

EagleRJ said:
They're expecting their scab mechanics to be able to walk in and pick up where their 20-year-experience mechanics left off. That just ain't going to happen! Just because you have an A&P doesn't mean you'll be able to just walk on and keep NW's fleet up and running. I'm sure there will be numerous problems with half-fixed aircraft being rushed back into service.
That's what they were saying on cnn or fox yesterday, when they had two analysts on.

I would imagine that a large fleet of planes and all the documentation, would require a little getting to know you time.

I would also imagine the pilots are doing their best to insure prompt write ups as well.

EagleRJ said:
Here's an interview of a former scab A&P who describes the training NWA provides as "inadequate".

http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_231094247.html

No impact on safety? Bull.
I know it's not aviation related, but it is union related. I worked at a papermill where there was a short strike...it was never the same there after that. I think the mill had been in operation without a strike for over 70 or 80 years.

I would assume the case will be the same at NWA...especially if this thing lasts longer than just the weekend.

Yeah, it really too bad that most of the scabs are furloughed UAL, NWA, and others... Freshly minted A&P's???? Nope, not even close... New to "heavies" and other various airliners.... Again, that's a big 'ole nope.

Safety is NOT an issue... Biggest question is if they have the man power to sustain this over any amount of time.

Latest resources

Back