Northwest Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Noodles

Is the Northwest jumpseat policy to carry unlimited people, or are the numbers limited to actual jumpseats on the aircraft? Going to be riding on them some in the next couple weeks, and want to be prepared.

Thanks.

Allegiant = on the list. Welcome aboard!

We do have an unlimited policy. For some of the dc-9 flights, watch out... They can be weight restricted. have a plan B. None of the other fleets are restricted.

Also, NWA pilots can sit on the F/A jumpseat and open the cockpit seat up for you. Keep that in mind and make friends with the NWA pilot ahead of you in line :D

Make friends with nwa pilot, is that such a thing?
10 yrs ago i was trying to catch a ride from mco to dtw and there was a nwa capt riding up front, i asked if i could take the js and he made me go to the nearest atm and get 10$ to pay him for his pass and it was odd since i was just lonely regional fo and he was a 74/400 capt. what a cheap f...k

Brownie and Rnobson,

Sorry that you had that experience.

Most of our guys are commuters and understand what its like to be left behind. Just about everyone I've flown with would go out of their way to get a jumper on if they knew you were trying.

Fwiw, it now costs nothing for us to ride in a coach seat and a nominal service charge for first class.

If this situation ever happens to you again at NWA or elsewhere, may i suggest you sharpen your people skills. Offer to buy 'em a starbucks or cookies. Humble guestures go a long way in situations like these.

I jumpseat on NWA every week and I've had nothing but great experiences. Every crew has been very helpful and quite often I get a first class seat. Noodles, I don't think you'll have a problem.

Many Thanks to the folks at NWA.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back