Northwest gives Delta the nod regardless of Labor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASA Aviator,
There is a world outside of ATL. Northwest will do much better in the future alone then Delta would. One look at the financials will tell you that. At $95 dollars a barrel NWA will post a $43mil profit for the year. Delta $260ish loss. Our profit margins are higher and yields are better as well.

ASA Aviator,
There is a world outside of ATL. Northwest will do much better in the future alone then Delta would. One look at the financials will tell you that. At $95 dollars a barrel NWA will post a $43mil profit for the year. Delta $260ish loss. Our profit margins are higher and yields are better as well.

That may be true. I don't really know. In any case, I think it would be in the interests of the pilots to find a compromise. Delta/NWA would be a powerful airline.

The thing is, it is in NW pilot's interests to merge. NW won't survive without it, and a job at Delta is better than being on the street. They can play tough if they want, but management has all the cards on this one.

A Delta Capt. sat on my jumpseat the other day, and he said that the NW group is not budging at all, and they want all of their senior guys at the top of the list. I'm sure a NW captain would say the opposite, but who knows.

The Delta pilots also said the PID was a DOH seniority grab.....take anything a Delta pilot says with a grain of salt....The truth is somewhere in the middle....

from an article from Reuters.....

"Basically, unless Delta management has a change a heart, I don't think they're going to do anything without the support of their pilots," said Calyon Securities analyst Ray Neidl.

"It shows that people don't want it to die and they'll keep trying things, but I don't think it puts us any closer."

Bye Bye--General Lee

How will DA put this thing through without DALPA? Don't they have a seat on the Board of Directors?

General you sound a bit naive posting that over and over. I don't want this to go thru, but to think the pilots of either airline have a say is a fantasy.. It will go thru if wall street cronies can make money. Somethings got to pay the Bentley leases.

General you sound a bit naive posting that over and over. I don't want this to go thru, but to think the pilots of either airline have a say is a fantasy.. It will go thru if wall street cronies can make money. Somethings got to pay the Bentley leases.

Yes, sir, you are so correct! Don Carty walked away from AMR with about $15 million. Leo left with about the same amount.

The question for the General is:

How much will the new CEO walk away with? He could care less whether you are happy long term or not! How many different airlines did Stephen Wolf work for, and how much money did he accumulate over time during his short and multiple stays? Just ask a North Central or Southern Airways Pilot, who became Republic Pilots, who became Northwest Pilots, and who will soon become Delta/NorthWest Orient Pilots?

General, your sky is about to be falling!

Bye, Bye! P.S.--General, after all this happens, you are going to be a buck private, and in a different army!

Steenland is already chanting, "Make Delta, My Delta!" and show me the money ($15 M)!

Last edited:
The Delta pilots also said the PID was a DOH seniority grab.....take anything a Delta pilot says with a grain of salt....The truth is somewhere in the middle....
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This coming from a guy who headed up a lawsuit against ALPA claiming it was to benefit the good of all rj pilots!:laugh: :laugh:

Do you honestly think NWA cares about the best interest of any work groups? Look at the comapny history and you will see continuous abuse.

The merger will go through regardless of what the pilots want. Just like anything else in the last 7 years the option for DL or NWA pilots will be "take it or leave it". It will be up to the pilots to grow a pair and stand up for what they want. If they don't, we all have an amazing future to look forward to.

I imagine it will be as nasty as the US Airways/America West integration.

Latest resources

Back