Northern States Aviation Interview Process

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyf15

Hey guys, wondering if any of you know how the interview process works at Northern States Aviation. I understand that if they like your resume, they'll send you an application and if you match their needs, they send you a timed quiz over email. What happens after that?

Also, I've heard they have an 8 month committment. Is this some kind of training contract, or, what are its terms?

Lastly, do you need to move to Mendon or can you fly out there upon receiving assignments and spend some nights in hotel rooms?

Also, for anyone thats worked there. What are the typical days off and hours flown each month?

I did similiar work but for a different company.

Couldn't tell you much about the interview except there is a timed test to start.

As far as days off go you really don't get any. You fly when the weathers good and when the weathers not you sit in the hotel. Hours vary with the weather some months you may fly 20 hours others you might fly 150. You're on the road 100% of the time or pretty close to it so theres no need to have a residence. Its fun flying and a great experience for a low time single guy who wants to fly and see the country.

I applied there about 18months ago and went through part of the process.

After you send in the resume he sends you this excel spreadsheet. That asks you all sorts of numerical questions like..(c172 hours, total hours, hours pic in class b as pic, flights as pic in icing, max personal headwind and x-wind to/ldg component, personal ifr approach mins etc.) lots of odd stuff.

If he likes that, then he will arrage a time with you for a test. He emails it to you and you have like 80mins or somthing to complete it. A few essay like how do you stay safe single pilot IFR, why do you want to work here. Then some multiple choice, x-wind landing technique, how to diagnose a mag that's not grounding etc.

You email that back to him.

That's as far as I got. Apparently he didn't like that fact I said I'd land in a 60kts x-wind. :p

hope that helps, good luck. Company sounds like its pretty good, mx is supposed to be top notch. He'll send you a whole bunch of info on the company, and what your responsibilities are on the road, and how your schedule works. Good way to build time, unfortuanley its only single egine time. But unlike what i'm doing (CFI) you actually get to touch the controlls.

I flew for Landcare Aviation....Different companys but they do allot of the same work. Theres also a company called desert wind or something that does the same work out of AZ.

Desert Wind Air Service. You can't find any information online, at least I wasn't able to. PM me for a contact and phone number for them.

Latest resources

Back