• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

northern air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NAC is a pretty good place to work for other than lacking a bit in pay.

1st year FO is 46/hr 2nd year is 59/hr if I remember right. I don't know the captain scale, but it's about 85k/yr for 2nd year.

65 hr minimum that you'll likely never break.

Half of the flying is in Anchorage and half is Outside.

Anchorage flying is spread out through the month with a mix of days off, scheduled flights, and reserve days. 12 Days off per Month

Outside flying is either first half of second half of the month, 13-14 days off per month.

Right now you bid Anchorage or Charter every month and just because you want something doesn't mean you get it. Expect to be in Anchorage this first winter. One of the guys that live in the midwest has been trying to bid Charter since he started 6 months ago and has been in Anchorage every month.

Downside to living Outside and flying Anchorage is Anchorage is the domicile, so you're on your own for housing here.

Hopefully I will get a call too. I already live in ANC. The whole FLL and Laredo thing is what scared me away last year when they called me. With the ANC lines what is the mix of days worked to days off? Is it like 4on3off or 6 on 1 off? Is it the same pilot group for the 200 and 300? How is the contract progressing with teamsters?

I did spend about 8 hours in their DC-6 sim last year. Anchorage sure seemed a lot better than Fairbanks

Hopefully I will get a call too. I already live in ANC. The whole FLL and Laredo thing is what scared me away last year when they called me. With the ANC lines what is the mix of days worked to days off? Is it like 4on3off or 6 on 1 off? Is it the same pilot group for the 200 and 300? How is the contract progressing with teamsters?

Well, the new hiring is for when the new plane gets here (when that finally happens no one really know, other than they're trying hard to find the right plane) And the new plane will be flying outside, so count on spending at least part of the year, if not most of the year flying outside.

On the ANC lines, it's 12 days off per month and they're scattered through the month in 2 - 4 day blocks.

Not everyone is current in the 200 and 300, but there's no distinction between 200/300 pilots.

Has anyone heard anything about hiring/interview results and the second -300?

Yep. BAX is shutting down TOL which is one of the current plane's contracts. So i got a nice letter that said that its taking longer than expected to acquire a new plane. They will keep me updated. My guess would be furloughs are more likely than hiring right now.

Latest resources

Back