North American Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
coastinout said:
Yes we are actively interviewing. Have been told 165 pilots to be here to man the current a/c (5- B757's, and 3 B767's), and the 2 more B-767's that are coming( one in March '06, and 1 in Dec "06). I have also heard that the company wants 200 pilots total by the end of the year. World holdings has said in print that they want to add 10 aircraft total between World airways and North American this year, so maybe that is where that number is coming from.
It is not perfect, but I am waiting to see what the contract we are fighting for says before I make a jump.
As far as qualifications, mostly regional guys right now, a lot from colgan on the Saab.
The COO(who was put in that position by our owner who was bought out by World) just left at the end of Februrary. The Coo and ex-owner hated unions and were doing everything they could to stall the contract. Now I am not saying the new guy is better, but it couldn't get much worse than that pair of losers.
Good luck, it is not a bad place to hang your hat for awhile, or maybe make a career out of it, depending on where you are coming from.
Coastinout

Maybe that explains why I was unable to even get an interview the past year!
That was with an internal LOR, type ratings and time on both 757 and 767, international experience as well as part 121, ETOPs etc etc.
Obviously, I'm far too qualified since I have experience on what they fly and also their type of operation. I guess I would know too much..........:crying:

Never heard it referred to sectors before. Thanks for the nice scarcasm, and I think the attitude explains a lot.

Latest resources

Back