North American Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

I just saw some responses from some NAA guys about a possible merger with ATA, and I wanted to ask about NAA itself. I see your 767 at JFK every once and awhile---how many aircraft do you have now? Do you still have 738's? Where are your bases? I read something about an OAK base---doing Hawaii? Someone also said that they saw one of your 757s at Boise--doing a charter to Maui....What kind of other flying do you guys do?

And no, I won't do a search....

Bye Bye---General Lee;) :rolleyes:

General Lee said:
I just saw some responses from some NAA guys about a possible merger with ATA, and I wanted to ask about NAA itself. I see your 767 at JFK every once and awhile---how many aircraft do you have now? Do you still have 738's? Where are your bases? I read something about an OAK base---doing Hawaii? Someone also said that they saw one of your 757s at Boise--doing a charter to Maui....What kind of other flying do you guys do?

And no, I won't do a search....

Bye Bye---General Lee;) :rolleyes:

NAA now has 3 767-300's and 6 757s, JFK, OAK bases...yes OAK flies to hawaii, alaska, and other cities on the west coast for a vacation charter company. military charters around the world. sked 121 to the carribbean out of jfk

www.northamericanair.com

All hiring and upgrades are currently on hold until an evaluation of staffing is made in March. With the new aircraft coming (one 757 and one 767), I'm sure we're going to need more pilots.
BOS is not a base, but we do a lot of flying out there. Mostly weekend stuff to the Caribbean for GWV.
Some of the rumors floating around here are that we will hire 60 to 80 pilots this year and take two 777s in Oct.
Fun place to work. JMHO.

Last edited:
ATA and NAA Merger?

I see a trend here. ATA stops all new classes and interviews. ATA ALPA collects a merger assessment from all pilots last year, with no plans of a merger in the near future. ATA ALPA claims better to be prepared in case a merger comes a long. NAA stops all hiring and upgrades. I think it is more than rumor.

Back in Jan of 2000 when I was at US Air, I had a buddy get hired and was told to expect a class in the near future. Within a month all interviews and classes were cancelled. Then in May the news came that AAA and UAL would merge. So there could be more to this than just a rumor. Think about it. ATA gets more 757?s and 767?s and maybe some 777?s. We are looking into LCC across the pond. The military needs airlift and will always need airlift. ATA?s L-1011 are running 24/7 and we are leaving money on the table by not having the ACFT to flying what the Military needs.

So could it be possible, I guess time will tell.

Any North American Guys / Gals on here who can tell me:

1. How many pilots does NAA have?

2. What is the seniority of the most senior and most junior?

Of course the merger is just a rumor but...I still would like to know the answers to the above.

Thanks,
Mach Zero
ATA 738 F/O:cool:

North American Guy here,
1) 132 pilots including the ones just starting indoc.
2) I believe the most senior pilot has been here since '89 or '90.
The most junior is in indoc but the won't be assigned a date of hire until completion of his training (everything except IOE).
I'd be very surprised if we were sold to ATA, although I was shocked when we were told that we were being bought by Universal Express (a deal which didn't fall through). We know Dan McKinnon is in the market to sell, but management is very cryptic about potential buyers. We hear that there are talks with non-airline companies. Who knows, ATA and NAA will do whatever they feel like doing and we'll live with the consequences.

Latest resources

Back