• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

North American Airlines.. JFK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it wont let me edit my own post and i forgot to mention the cutbacks i have heard.

Loss of medical insurance was cut back or taken away altogether (i forget which) without notification to the pilot group.

Some type of bonus program was taken away and never reinstated.

i think there were other cutbacks as well. Its not so much what the actual cutbacks were, but to not let the pilot group know struck me as kind of slimy.

ok, first question, how do you do those cool quote thingys?
When you post a reply, hit the "Quote" button. It's next to the vB Code line.
I'd have to agree with you that there are some long hours. It's definitely not for everybody, but it works for me. Who knows what'll happen in a few years anyway. If I get tired of it, I'm sure that a 757/767 type rating and international experience will open up some doors. God knows that jetBlue won't give me the time of day.
Good luck with your job search!

RJPilott said:
ok, first question, how do you do those cool quote thingys?

only HALF PAY for DH? what kind of BS is that? after DHing all over the world for 14 hours then expected to fly for 8 and only getting paid for 7 cause your live legs cancelled really blows. Not to mention the fatigue and safety issues involved for being up that long if you have to fly those legs.

I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT

From what i understand, junior manning doesnt have to be a phone call on your day off. They can get you while you're on duty to assign work for your days off.

lol... thanks ACWild.. i was just figuring it out when you were posting... even figured out how to do the multiple quotes... sometimes i even impress myself..lol

hey.. where did you come from? Eagle?

Hey RJ,
The Edit button is on the bottom right hand corner. I use it all the time.
Yep, I was an Eagle Boy. I actually enjoyed working there and miss all the characters that are over there, but I don't miss all the bs with management that still goes on.
Are you from Eagle?

ACWild said:

Yep, I was an Eagle Boy.........

Are you from Eagle?

say no more, yeah i think i would choose NAA over Eagle anyday also. I have a few buddies over there at Eagle and feel for them the way they get treated. As for me, im an ACA pi$$ ant. We have our fair share of problems but despite it all, its still a pretty good place to work with good work rules and a decent union that will step up to the plate for ya. There is plenty of b!tching over here but we wouldnt be pilots without a bit of whine. Im just keeping my eyes open...

You just love that quote option, don't you.
Yeah, from everything I know about ACA, true or not, I don't think I would leave there either. I may have my history wrong, but you guys set the standards in pay and benefits for the top regionals. Then the Comair guys built on that and are trying to take the credit.

ACWild said:
You just love that quote option, don't you...

hehe... yeah... like a kid with a new toy

Whoever takes the credit doesnt matter to me, as long as we all get our fair share of the pie :)

Latest resources

Back