• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Noose in cockpit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But then you'd be "racist" and they'd throw that and the "retaliatory practices" act and you'd be paying that $7 employee for LIFE...

I'm so sick of people claiming "racist this", "racist that". Racism died about 20 years ago. Affirmative action and the EEOC need to go the way of the doh-doh.

Lear, I really don't post much as I'm as casual observer on these boards. I enjoy the banter as much as anyone, but this post was absolutely and totally ignorant.

You must be a WASP living in the burbs, behind a gate and happily driving your SUV to Costco on days off. I can tell you as a Mexican American, college educated airline pilot I have been treated unfairly countless times.

One night inparticular, as I was driving to a friends house in an affluent commnity I was stopped. My passenger and I were each questioned seperately, backgrounds checked and then left with a stern warning. "If there are any reports of activity in this neighborhood tonight, you two boys are the first I'm looking for" This what the cop said to us. Maybe my "airport" car looked out of place, but my money is on my skin color.

Racism is alive and well. As your post clearly demostrated.

Lear, I really don't post much as I'm as casual observer on these boards. I enjoy the banter as much as anyone, but this post was absolutely and totally ignorant.

You must be a WASP living in the burbs, behind a gate and happily driving your SUV to Costco on days off. I can tell you as a Mexican American, college educated airline pilot I have been treated unfairly countless times.

One night inparticular, as I was driving to a friends house in an affluent commnity I was stopped. My passenger and I were each questioned seperately, backgrounds checked and then left with a stern warning. "If there are any reports of activity in this neighborhood tonight, you two boys are the first I'm looking for" This what the cop said to us. Maybe my "airport" car looked out of place, but my money is on my skin color.

.........How in the hell did they get racially motivated out of that. They truly ARE ignorant. The noose has been used for hundreds of years, and was probably used to hang more white people than black people. Give me a break. Perhaps people are so trigger happy to use the race card it's causing more problems than it fixes- we may have a black president for cryin' out loud......

Last edited:
Hmmm I still say the red lights and stop signs on Cass Ave. in Detroit are optional for anyone driving there after dark.... pedestrians be warned (whatever color you are.... I won't be slowing down enough to know)

Yeah, it must be a real bitch having to subject yourself to the horrors of being a college educated airline pilot with a spare airport car. If only you didn't live in such a racist society as America there's no telling how far you could have gone. My condolences.

Like it or not, there is a disproportionate amount of crime done by a black and brown minority in this country. It's not fair that you were singled out based solely on your skin color. I get that. OTOH, what's a cop supposed to do? You fit a profile. They stopped, they asked, they moved on. What else would you have them do? I agree the cops comments were inappropriate, but other than being boorish they didn't do anything wrong. They were doing their job.

COPS are the most racist ego nuts on earth.. It is not just because you are brown that they gave you sh!t.... COPS f with everyone...

You break the law you should pay your due to society wheather through a ticket or jail or even a warning... but cops get off on going above and beyond to show everyone how big and bad they are...

I was turned down at Harvard Law School because they said I was "too white".

Well, that and my grades sucked....

The noose has been used for hundreds of years, and was probably used to hang more white people than black people...

True dat ( maybe)...but in the case of the white guys that were hung....it was done with a trial, judge and a jury.

In the case of blacks....if the townfolk felt like an injustice was done ( like breaking a jim crow law or something)...then that black man was strung up byt the men-folk, without the benefit of a court of law, jury, or a judge present.

...all done with a wink and a nod from the local sheriff.

But then you'd be "racist" and they'd throw that and the "retaliatory practices" act and you'd be paying that $7 employee for LIFE...

I'm so sick of people claiming "racist this", "racist that". Racism died about 20 years ago. Affirmative action and the EEOC need to go the way of the doh-doh.

Come on Lear, you can't be serious. I certainly agree that the "race card" is thrown out there far too often in circumstances that don't warrant it, but racism being "dead" in America? I beg to differ. If I had a dollar for every time I heard a pilot use a racial slur, I'd be a much wealthier man.

Come on Lear, you can't be serious. I certainly agree that the "race card" is thrown out there far too often in circumstances that don't warrant it, but racism being "dead" in America? I beg to differ. If I had a dollar for every time I heard a pilot use a racial slur, I'd be a much wealthier man.

Thanks PCL. My point was racism never ended "20" years ago. It still happens everyday, in and out of the flightdeck. I see, hear and live it.

BTW, I broke no laws nor comitted any moving violations that evening. When it happens to you, then you'll understand. Back to your cave....man.

Latest resources

Back