NONREV to Hawaii

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chperplt

Any ATA/DAL/UAL folks that have been around a while know if the last week in April, first week in May is generally a horrible time to try LA-HNL?

Spring break should be over and summer vacations haven't started yet...

Good luck from fathers day threw Aug. Its not uncomon to see close to 150 nonrevers per flight fighting over 3 seats. And it doesnt change from airline to airline. But hey what do i know i only commuted it for 2 years.
GOOD LUCK

I went to Hawaii last May (2nd week), as a Non-Rev on Delta. I left LAX at 8AM and got a First Class seat; however not all the non-revs got on as there were about 75 S-4, buddy pass riders. Returning out of Maui on the all nighter there were about 100 non revs and there were only about 25 seats, all in coach. It is a good deal if you are not a buddy pass rider, and you have some seniority.

I nonreved july 6 on ATA. We only have agreements with NW USair and ATA so my options were limited. Getting back July 8th from HNL was a different story (it was the end of the july 4th weekend mind you), waited a day and a half for a ride back. Nw and ATA were both over sold with atleast 20 nonrevs on the wait list. Had to buy a $513 ticket to LAX otherwise I may not have had a job when I got back.

Good Luck,

SR

ATA

Check with your pass bureau and see if you have an agreement with ATA. ATA offers Positive space to some airlines and mine is one of them. It is basicly a charter by Pleasent Hawaiian Holidays. If they have space they will give you Positive space seats two weeks prior for your ROUND TRIP. Its not free but It's really a load off your mind to know your positive space and seeing all the other poor souls that get STUCK and miss out on their holiday. Hope this helps.

Stay away from Continental. Their daily LAX-HNL is impossible to nonrev on. With so many employees still living in the HNL and L.A. area years after the base closures, forget about it.

IAHERJ

Latest resources

Back