Non-rev to Ireland

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AVDAD

Posted this in international travel with no luck.

We are going to Ireland over the Fourth of July holiday next year (2012) and returning two weeks or so later. I have heard that travel during the Fourth is a good time to non-rev. We will be returning space "a" fyi.

Wha'dt you think, hell yeah give it a shot or, in your dreams big boy.

Any insight appreciated,

AvDad

Ireland is always hit or miss when non-revving. July is of course a big vacation month in Europe complicating the situation. As is often the case, you'll probably make it over but find getting back to be the challenge...just have backup plans in place and be ready to spend a few extra days. Edinburgh, Dusseldorf, Brussels, or Manchester are usually good backups. Amsterdam has a lot of flights to the US, but it's where all the non-revs go when the crap hits the fan.

I just went to Dublin from CLT on the US 757. Coach there, Envoy back. Coach sucks on the US 757's but hey, i got there. US also has flights to/from PHL so there were backup options.

If you can buy first class up grades. We did and it saved us coming back from Germany a few months ago. The 330 was full in coach with only two first class seats available.

I remember non-reving to Ireland with my wife and her family years ago. Total nightmare! We all made it but it was very stressful and the gate agents were total A- holes. I do not miss non-reving one bit. Since you are planning far out I second buying a ticket. Have a great trip. Make sure to see Kinsale and have a pint at the Mad Monk!

Thank for the replies folks!

The biggest part of the question is traveling to Ireland on the 4th of July. Is the flight over more likely to be wide open on that day?

We'll try to get first class as well going over with the upgrade.

We will return using ticketed travel.

Don't forget Belfast.

The station folks are great, generally seats are available. The departure tax is stiff but unless the Brits eliminate the tax CO is going to cancell the route anyway.Will know by Christmas.

The antrim coast north of Belfast is spectacular and the music and hospitality is the best Ireland has to offer.

Thank for the replies folks!

The biggest part of the question is traveling to Ireland on the 4th of July. Is the flight over more likely to be wide open on that day?

We'll try to get first class as well going over with the upgrade.

We will return using ticketed travel.

I travel to Ireland (DUB) about twice a year and have given up trying to non-rev, I tried it once on Delta out of SAN - ATL -DUB and it was a nightmare. Check KAYAK for prices and get notifications on pricing from them.

Latest resources

Back