• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Counselair

"He said member..."
Hey Everybody,

I've got a buddy and his wife that need to travel to China in about two months on personal family business. They are only going to be given two weeks notice prior to their having to be there and don't even know which part of China they are going to. Obviously the last minute tickets are astronomical.

He will be traveling with his wife. He is a Part 121 major guy. Anybody know of any Jumpseat/non-rev/good deals or any combination there of for getting there? Any and all serious advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Counselair

Thanks falcon7x. They will be travleing in about two months and will not know the specific date until about two weeks prior. They could fly out of KEWR, KJFK, KPHL or KBOS.

Thanks for your generous offer and I shall pass it along.

Counselair

Cal flies non-stop to both Hong Kong and Beijing from Newark. He should check with his employee travel department to find out what type of deal his airline has with Cal.

My wife is from China and we non-rev there quite a bit. As far as I know United and Northwest are the only ones to fly to mainland China. Both offer daily flights to PEK, PVG, HKG out of their hub cities. I know of no other US carrier that flys into mainland China. Continental does go to HKG but not mainland China.

If you have to non-rev to a different city than you wanted, it is no problem. Once you get there it is cheap & easy to purchase a ticket on a Chinese airline because the exchange rate is about 7 to 1. Check out www.flychina.com for domestic Chinese flight schedules and prices.

This time of year might be kind of tough to non-rev because Chinese new year is at the end of this month.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the informative replies guys. Anybody know if you can jumpseat international on CAL, NWA, UAL, FedEx or UPS?

Thanks Again,

Counselair

I have been told that offically no, you can not ride in the jumpseat unless you work for the the company you are riding on. I guess the evil TSA people have a regulation against it.

However, I was told by a CAL captian in HKG that we never leave Americans behind in a forgein country. I can't say much about going, but I have always made it home.

Latest resources

Back