• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Everett Howe

Ride the Jet-A-Ski!
World's best: Top 10 airlines named

And not one US Airline among the top 10(1). :mad: It's not only the oil price folks, apparently a lot more is wrong with the product put out by the US Airlines. What can we as pilots do, to change it? Or are we part of the problem?

Discuss.

(1) Yes, I Know JetBlue got first in the LCC sector. But this is the Majors board.

Everett Howe said:
World's best: Top 10 airlines named

And not one US Airline among the top 10(1). :mad: It's not only the oil price folks, apparently a lot more is wrong with the product put out by the US Airlines. What can we as pilots do, to change it? Or are we part of the problem?

Discuss.

(1) Yes, I Know JetBlue got first in the LCC sector. But this is the Majors board.

Of course we are part of the problem. We have lost more in a shorter time than ever before in our history (JB isn't my first airline). As a result, morale is fairly low. We are even breeding hatred (nothing new here) amongst ourselves at an alarming rate. Wait until this latest merger starts blending seniority lists. Ultimately, the paying customer indirectly gets some of this.

Ask yourselves this question ... how much do these top ten get subsidized by their respect countries ?

Most of the winners have flight attendant hiring requirements that would be severely illegal here....

The service you recieve on US carriers is horrible compared to most in Asia and Europe. If the US carriers would subscribe to the Virgin handbook of how to hire flight attendants (like the one's that are seen at the Truck in NRT) couple that with the service oriented ones from asia and we would all be well cared for!

Past....

PastV1 said:
The service you recieve on US carriers is horrible compared to most in Asia and Europe. If the US carriers would subscribe to the Virgin handbook of how to hire flight attendants (like the one's that are seen at the Truck in NRT) couple that with the service oriented ones from asia and we would all be well cared for!

Past....

Ed Zachary. Any flight I take between Europe/Asia and US I pray my employer puts me on a non-US carrier. ANY non-US carrier. If you've not done it, you won't believe the difference in (customer friendly) service between the two.

If I'm buying my own, it's usually Virgin if I can do it.

Olympus,

ALL of them get subsidized except BA. Oops, BA gets exclusive rights to the prime airport in Britain, locking every one else out! ALL GET SUSIDIZED, or at least special treatment from their respective governments!

Latest resources

Back