Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Formula1

No Sim for the AWA interview?

Is it true that America West has dropped the sim for their interview? Supposedly since they have parked the last 737-200, they are not using that sim any more- any one out there that can validate this rumor.

Anyone out there who has interviewed with HP since the 1st of January 05' care to reply?

Last edited:
Yes, the 'weave' is dead. The last 737-200 was parked two days ago, and the FAA will not allow us to keep using the -200 sim. So it is being sold, and since there isn't time to use any of the other sims they had to revamp the hiring process. I still haven't heard what that new process is though. What I have heard is that we will be hiring 200+ this year.

HAL

I did my 73 type in that sim..man what a piece of equipment that was!
Anyone who flew it knows what I'm talknig about.
My hats off to all those that had to do the Weave in that POS..You earned the job.

HAL said:
Yes, the 'weave' is dead. The last 737-200 was parked two days ago, and the FAA will not allow us to keep using the -200 sim. So it is being sold, and since there isn't time to use any of the other sims they had to revamp the hiring process. I still haven't heard what that new process is though. What I have heard is that we will be hiring 200+ this year.

HAL

HAL,
Why would the FAA give a hoot if AWA kept the -200 sim? If AWA was using it for training/eval and it was a pos I'd get their objection. But if it's a fleet no longer in service and AWA is using it to evaluate prospective pilots, seems to me the FAA would'nt care less. They have no authority or obligation to oversee the the selection process, far as I know anyway.
casey

caseyd said:
HAL,
Why would the FAA give a hoot if AWA kept the -200 sim? If AWA was using it for training/eval and it was a pos I'd get their objection. But if it's a fleet no longer in service and AWA is using it to evaluate prospective pilots, seems to me the FAA would'nt care less. They have no authority or obligation to oversee the the selection process, far as I know anyway.
casey

The FAA doesn't care if we keep it or not -- as long as it isn't used for official training. AWA doesn't own it (can't remember who does -- PanAm, maybe?). The bean counters will not pay for it if it can't be used to check boxes.

Cheers!

Indapool said:
I did my 73 type in that sim..man what a piece of equipment that was!
Anyone who flew it knows what I'm talknig about.
My hats off to all those that had to do the Weave in that POS..You earned the job.

I flew that sim quite a bit and it was a good sim. It broke down from time to time, but at least it flew like the airplane.

Last year when I did my "Wevee Revee" the guys giving me my eval were talking bout what happens to this sim after the last 200 goes, and even though I was concentrating like a mutha, I do remember hearing one say that it will go back to Pan-am who does own the thing.

Latest resources

Back