• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No Short Cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hook, line and sinker? Or just nothing better to do at 12:30am when you're furloughed?:D :confused:

MooseTrax said:
I assure you that the accident incident rates in the military are minimal due to lack of experience. The incidents occurr more because of the higher risk involved in the type of flying. We don't just takeoff and worry about landing somewhere.

Well said Moose. Benzene may not think much of your "low" military time but why don't we ask American, Delta (and pretty much anyone else who matters) what they think? I'm not saying mil is always better than civ...there's bad military pilots and great civ pilots. I just get hacked when civ guys say "the military boys" came along and "took our jobs" as if the mil guys haven't paid their dues. Yeah, we've got it so easy...those deployments to Saudi are such vacations. :rolleyes:

Anybody who read my previous post has missed the boat. The originator of this message made a statement that the reason the military hasmore accidents is because they are inexperienced. All I was rying to get across to those that aren't educated about the military is that the military flying is more high risk, thus more chance for accidents. In reply to the gent who said the tax payers paid for my licenses, I must correct you. I paid ALLATPS the full monty for my licenses. And if you think the flying time is free and easy, come live with us military folks in the desert far away from family and friends for 90 days at a time sometimes three times in two years. Everything has its price and you chose to go civilian. There are days I wish I did, but you won't ever see me bashing civilian flying because my experience is limited, so if you are going to comment on something, you ought to be educated about it. As far as experience vs. hours go, I could care less.

Moose

My Dear brother Moose;

I did some desert time. Interesting experience. I do not want to repeat it. Right now I'm looking outside and see only water. Have no idea what it is and where I am. D*#n it, better take one of those Migs flying carpets and check my position.
Hmmm! What in the world was I trying to say? Oh yes!
It doesn't matter civilian or military aircraft. As long planes will exist accidents will happen.
It doesn't matter civilian or military training. As long pilots will exist accidents will happen.
And the irony is that not only the stupid ones have accidents in aviation... Aces too. Actually is an old saying about Stupid and Aces....but I'm sure you know it.
It is like driving. When you are 16/17 you know for a fact that no teaching is needed. Nobody is better than you. When you reach 56/57 the need for learning is coming up.
We all have a job to do. It could be a bombing mission, it could be a drop off of some kind of rich guy, it could be just from point A to point B, or it could be a boxes love affair. It's our job. And if you have 100 hrs or 10000 hrs you have to do it. Love it or leave it. We all should be brothers. Only we understand the meaning of what we are doing.

Latest resources

Back