• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NO please at Tranny!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will go for the chance to go on strike and then lose my job since AAI has no cash just like the letter said that I got today. I am glad they did not get Midwest since AAI has no cash. That would have been embarassing, AAI wins the $450mil bid for MEH but they really have no money so the deal is off.
LOL - nice one. :)

I got a chance to speak at length with Seth Rosen in D.C.

He has been told again and again that we don't have the cajones as a group to obtain an "industry-leading" contract so, as a fall-back position, he's agreeing with the mindset to obtain some gains in pay and ride on the coattails in 6-7 years of the other carriers who really attain gains.

It's all about risk management and loss/gain calculations, and the NPA isn't willing to try to play hardball, so Seth has pointed out what they can get without taking it to the mat.

Take it to the mat, and the entire game changes. THAT'S what the NPA won't tell you, because they're not prepared to fight that fight.

Before you ask why uncle Frank has an interest in your TA, think about the current state of pattern bargaining and the implications of your contract on the rest of the industry.

Do you think I want our management presenting your CRAPPY contract in front of our negotiators as industry standard or what we have to compete with?

RAISE THE FRIGGIN BAR!

You raise it, everyone will follow and trump it. Then no management team will be able to whine about some other airline's supposed "competitive advantage."

Get with the program. Joe CAN afford to pay you well, and give you a great QOL. It is his job to manage the airline, not yours.

Excellent post. Thank you!

Yea you go NWA real upswing replace 60% of your DC-9 with Emb-170's and CRJ-900's flown by another company. YeeeehAAAAA man. You do have a dozen 787 coming but flown at pay rates lower than AirTran's new TA. Heck of a deal.

.... and it will be the AirTran guys that have the same problem if you vote this in. I give Lear a lot of credit for pointing out the GLARING flaws in this deal. I know most of the guys on here know you don't have to take it, but are you educating the Captains and FO's you are flying with?

Good luck. We're all counting on you!

Latest resources

Back