• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No Pilot hiring in 2013 at DAL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
last I heard, Delta would be hiring in Fall 2013..this was a few months ago from a good source. you can thank the new contract for giving back 250+ pilot jobs in reserve "enhancements"

One more thing, apparently a lot of returning furloughees on extended Military leave are starting to come back. More than expected supposedly.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Richard Andersen was asked about future pilot retirements and responded that they don't anticipate any pilot hiring in 2013. Is this old news?

They also gave no info as to the placement of the 40 RJ's.

Just listening to Richard (good name) Anderson on the openeing of the safety video, well, it's just wrong. He sounds like Forrest, Forrest Guuuump.

I don't what's worse, listening to the Richard or looking at Smisek on the United videos, he looks like ultra weasel. Both of them make me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Anyway Delta nice job getting 70 CRJ 900's that should go over well, I'm sure you'll be ordering more.

Oh, and good job on getting those 717's from AT. Now SWA can keep to their one aircraft type. Nothing says efficiency like a 1980's motor hung on a 1950's airframe.

Good job Richard!

I don't think Delta was slated to hire many, if any, for 2013. So not really anything new.

Speaking of the 717. I just read an interview with the Southwest COO when he says Delta taking the 717 was a Godsend. They will be saving more than 300 million a year by not having them on the property. Sounds pretty close to a win-win for both companies.

Just listening to Richard (good name) Anderson on the openeing of the safety video, well, it's just wrong. He sounds like Forrest, Forrest Guuuump.

I don't what's worse, listening to the Richard or looking at Smisek on the United videos, he looks like ultra weasel. Both of them make me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Anyway Delta nice job getting 70 CRJ 900's that should go over well, I'm sure you'll be ordering more.

Oh, and good job on getting those 717's from AT. Now SWA can keep to their one aircraft type. Nothing says efficiency like a 1980's motor hung on a 1950's airframe.

Good job Richard!

Yes, Richard is an annoying, self important dork. I have to listen to his stupid speech about sitting at the desk of the Delta founder every time I commute or deadhead on mainline. Who is buying all this brand loyalty nonsense anyway? I know who, all the little kiddies from Peachtree City whose daddies worked at Delta. The nausea continues.

I don't think Delta was slated to hire many, if any, for 2013. So not really anything new.

Speaking of the 717. I just read an interview with the Southwest COO when he says Delta taking the 717 was a Godsend. They will be saving more than 300 million a year by not having them on the property. Sounds pretty close to a win-win for both companies.

That might be, but the deal given to DL was particularly good for DL. Not only will you guys supposedly pay for the refurb and paint/wifi, but also full mx checks, and the option with Boeing to buy them after 10 years for then list prices, which will be very low by then. Word is the guy who gave DL the deal got "talked to sternly" by the honchos at your airline. Thanks! But, you did get rid of a fleet, but now have to keep 733s and 735s longer. Are most of those still analog?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Good job Richard!

Ummmm, noooo. First off, you of course don't understand what actually happened. The deal dumps over 200 50 seaters, but their routes remain. Who will now fly those? That would be current 70 and 76 seaters, trying to make more revenue than the 50 seaters could with high gas prices. Then, 88 717s swoop in and take over current 76 seat routes. That is a big win for mainline, taking back routes that were given up 10 years ago. (And 12 year Capt rate when they all arrive by 2015 will be $195 an hour). So, a lot fewer RJs overall, and recapturing old routes with planes that pay well. Over 1000 new jobs will be created by those 717s coming to mainline. Add 14 more MD90s next year too to replace current DC9 routes as they leave the fleet in 2014.

You haven't flown in a 717, have you? I jumped on one a couple years ago, and it was nice. Bye Richard!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Not a win-win for Airtran pilots, who were forced to vote yes to a SLI under threat of non-integration. Their whole deal was on the premise the 717s would be staying.

Not a win-win for Airtran pilots, who were forced to vote yes to a SLI under threat of non-integration. Their whole deal was on the premise the 717s would be staying.

Ouch. How will Red respond to that?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ouch. How will Red respond to that?

Bye Bye---General Lee

It's an ouch, but it's the truth.

Did you know at one point, SWAPA even entertained bringing over Airtran guys with a probationary period? Hahahaa what's next? Forcing Airtran 737 pilots to retroactively paying for their own 737 type ratings? :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back