No NWA Furloughs; Recalls On The Horizon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
xjhawk said:
what are ropes? i am just a regional pilot, so i do not understand your "major Lingo"

Pilots aged 60 and older that wrench instead of retire. Can't remember what ropes stands for, something like retired old pilot . . .

LaidOffAgain said:
Pilots aged 60 and older that wrench instead of retire. Can't remember what ropes stands for, something like retired old pilot . . .

Retired
Old
Pilot
Engineer

I believe UAL used to call them herpes.....Because they can't get rid of them. Other airlines had their names as well!

737 Pylt said:
Retired
Old
Pilot
Engineer

I believe UAL used to call them herpes.....Because they can't get rid of them. Other airlines had their names as well!

Retreads was the best one I heard.

Exactly what I said, no additional furloughs. It's also interesting to note that compass seems to be on the backburner right now.

Effective immediately, there are no plans for additional furloughs, as I had previously communicated in my March 15th memo. In addition, we are forecasting the need to begin recalling pilots next year to support the planned operational growth and normal attrition.
Wow, that's only about the 4th time I've heard that in the last 5 years (from various sources). Hope its true this time for those looking to go back.

I still can't believe that hack Rainey has a job! Worst hockey player on the list!:D Tell his @$$ I said hello. And hope this is the beginning of the good times coming back for you folks!:beer:

MsFan said:
Wow, that's only about the 4th time I've heard that in the last 5 years (from various sources). Hope its true this time for those looking to go back.​

Agreed. I will wait to have my hopes dashed until they publish another "recall schedule." :)

doh said:
I still can't believe that hack Rainey has a job! Worst hockey player on the list!:D Tell his @$$ I said hello. And hope this is the beginning of the good times coming back for you folks!:beer:

Thanks. I think Rainey played hockey at the Univ of Minn for Herb Brooks (rest his soul!). He's not a pilot...just a management hack.

YourPilotFriend said:
Exactly what I said, no additional furloughs. It's also interesting to note that compass seems to be on the backburner right now.

backburner, does that mean they are going to contract out the flying or are they going to put the 70-90-100 seaters on the mainline in a non-MidAtlantic manner, meaning they will be "regular" mainline. I hope its the latter.

Latest resources

Back