Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wrigley23

I got that goin' for me
Maybe this has already been discussed and I missed it, but if you look at the Delta schedules next month I can't find a single Dojet flight out of CVG. I know the ACA contract expires in a couple of weeks, but what happened to Skyway? Even the heavy Dojets routes (CRW, TRI, DAY, CLT) are all Comair flights in November. Just curious how many CMR planes are being pulled out of Atlanta to cover this and to make room for all the DFW ASA A/C. Also, how much more will CHQ be flying out of CVG.

Lots of shifting going on at mother Delta. Let's hope it all works for the better.

I just drove past the airport yesterday. All the Dojets were parked at the Delta hanger.

The word on high over here is that because Delta doesn't take over the leases till Nov 1st, Skyway can't touch them till then. It sounds like we won't get the first ones till Dec 1st. Then mx has to go over them and fix a lot of things it sounds like. Luckly the factory is making the 302B engines again.

Wrigley23, first of all, that's the best avatar ever. Secondly we turn over the airplanes to delta on Nov. 1. What they do with them I don't know. I know they are going to park them in myrtle beach until they sign a deal with someone else to fly them. I don't know any of the specifics of the skyway deal but they should hopefully be flying them soon enough. But until they sign a deal with someone else, they will be paying 1.9M a month to have 30 shiny sun reflecors in Myrtle Beach.

This is just speculation, but I think Delta will file chapter 11 before Nov.. If they do, the planes might stay with ACA. I don't know the specifics but Mr. Skeen has said it might happen that way. Butrell told us Skyway unless they file. Next two weeks will be very telling.

Indypilot said:
Wrigley23, first of all, that's the best avatar ever. Secondly we turn over the airplanes to delta on Nov. 1. What they do with them I don't know. I know they are going to park them in myrtle beach until they sign a deal with someone else to fly them. I don't know any of the specifics of the skyway deal but they should hopefully be flying them soon enough. But until they sign a deal with someone else, they will be paying 1.9M a month to have 30 shiny sun reflecors in Myrtle Beach.
Great, more Do-Jets to add to the 15+ PSA/Air Whiskey/Great Plains birds already there....

Indypilot said:
I doubt Delta will pay for 30 of our Dorniers to sit on the ground....they wil tie it up in the courts. If Delta declares Ch11, then for sure they won't pay a dime. I heard we have some back-up plans to sell them back to Avcraft.

I'm looking forward to flying for Indy...hopefully there won't be too many furloughs...The Dornier is a good aircraft...but it's more suited for corporate flying than airline...which, I believe, is the market Avcraft is targeting for.

Last edited:
House_X said:
The Dornier is a good aircraft...but it's more suited for corporate flying than airline...which, I believe, is the market Avcraft is targeting for.

How is it good for corporate? It gets you there when the meeting is over.

Here is the low down on the contract between ACA and delta if you missed it in the other thread. Concerning delta parking them, they have no choice right now execpt to file ch11 and I really don't think a mere 22M a year charge is really bothering them right now. They will park them until they can find somebody else to fly them.

Lets clear up the do jet issue.

There are 2 issues going on here.

1. Who is on the lease

Right now both Delta and ACA are on the leases. They will both stay on the leases unless delta credit rating improves to be above independence's. That is the only way independence can get the lessors to remove their name. The only other way for either of them to get off the hook, is to file ch11. Whoever does that first, will have the ability to shed the leases, and transfer them over to the co-signer. That is the credit rating issue. This has no date of expiration or anything of the sort, they will both stay on the leases until the end of the 16 year term unless, One files BK or Delta's credit rating surpasses Indy's (in which case indy is released from the leases).

2. Who is Paying the leases

Right now ACA is paying the leases. They will do so until Nov 1. At that point, Delta will start paying the leases. Delta CANNOT turn this obligation over to ACA because of credit rating. They canceled the contract, now they face the penalty of canceling the contract, which is to assume the PAYMENT of the leases. No matter what anybody says, the ONLY way for delta to stop paying those leases, is to file ch11, and turn the lease over to us, as we are still the co signers. So the ONLY way indy has to start paying again, is if delta files, and requests their name off the leases. Again, this also doesn't not have a magic expiration date. Delta will continue to pay the leases until (if) they file period.

Now that we have that cleared up, if both names stay on the leases, and delta files 7 years from now, the payment of the leases goes back to independence. The only way for indy to get off, is to have delta's credit rating above theirs. This is the way the leases were set up, and it will continue until the end of the leases.

Delta at any time durning the next 12 years can get off by:

Filing CH11 anytime during the lease period.

Indy at any time during the next 12 years can get off by:

Filing CH11 anytime during the lease period.
Having Delta's credit rating exceed theirs.

Clear as mud right!

DDpaysoff said:
How is it good for corporate? It gets you there when the meeting is over.
HAHAHAHAHA...that's pretty good.

Regarding the contract. Since Delta is squezzing every penny, $22M is a lot of money. Things have been really quite from both Delta and our side, it seems both parties are in denial. That's why suspect things are not going to be pretty on Nov. 2nd. I never heard of the parking them in Florida...thought they were going to sit on the Ramp near DHL.

Latest resources

Back