Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No more CTI program, get hired on MYSPACE!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atcloser

Hiring ATC's from MYSPACE!

Thats right, and you too can be an real live air traffic controller for the FAA!!!

No prior experience needed, no special air traffic control training needed, no more of those stupid CTI programs where you had to fork over tens of thousands of dollars (which actually gave you a wealth of knowledge about the profession) for the possibility of becoming a controller.

Now you can come right off the street, get paid $18,000, and have a direct impact on thousands of peoples of lives every day, and need no aviation experience to do it!

You can even get real FAA information about hiring controllers on MYSPACE!!! http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=163979834

(if the link doesnt work, log onto your myspace account, and click SEARCH. Type in "Air Traffic Control" and click Display Name, and you be directed to the FAA's website for hiring new controllers!)

Dont worry the FAA told Congress they have 3000 CTI grads (all of whom paid tens of thousands of dollars for the honor of gettin on the FAA's hiring list) just waiting to get hired. I would hate to imagine the FAA hiring controllers off MYSPACE.COM would mean that this 3000 person pool is dried up because none of them wanted to accept the job because of the awful working conditions in the FAA...

Last edited:
Your working conditions are "Porsche" compared to my "Yugo" conditions. I guarantee it. The FAA age restriction is stupid as sh*t.

a yugo? dang i thought they were more like a pinto for you guys.

btw, to recall one of your previous posts, in your words:
"The new people at my company come out of training barely knowing basic skills of the job. They end up getting signed off because we need people so bad. That's makes my job more difficult because on an average day I have to help these people deal with their workload because they simply can't handle it."

Now carry that theory over to the ATC system that is being staffed by people who answer to MYSPACE ads. Its one thing for a dispatcher to not be able to handle their workload, but imagine an ATCer not being able to handle it...

Last edited:
I was under the impression the CTI schools would be graduating 300-400 students per year. A few hundred more from the military...and no where near enough the 1500 they plan on hiring.

I was under the impression the CTI schools would be graduating 300-400 students per year. A few hundred more from the military...and no where near enough the 1500 they plan on hiring.

899 passed from the CTI passed the atsat in 2006.

What I should say is, how many will accept the offer.

What facility was she assigned? And what were her reasons for turning it down?

Latest resources

Back