No more CHQ and GJs Jumpseaters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dangerkitty said:
The 1997 Contract signed by the APA gave RJ's to Eagle but the ratio was tied in with Mainline aircraft and growth. This ratio limited the amount of RJ's that AMR could and WANTED to give to Eagle prior to the 2003 Concessionary contract.

The 2003 Concessionary contract gave unlimited 50 seat and below RJ's to Eagle and anything above that to Mainline AA. The only exeption being that the 25 Orders and 25 Options of the CRJ-700 go to Eagle if the APA and AMR couldn't come up with a cost neutral way for Mainline to fly them. Well, as we all know an agreement couldn't be reached so Eagle still flies it. I doubt AMR will exercise their 25 options however.

Right...but my point was that the mainline unions (all of them) should never have let ANY small jets go to their regional affiliates. Because as they say....once the toothpaste is out of the tube, it can't be put back in!

-Neal

F8 AND JUMPSEAT WAR (a case study):

F8 starts flying.

Skywest pilots start denying (solidarity for Mesa pilots).

Mesa management FORBIDS (!!) ALL SKYWEST PILOTS FROM FLYING MESA, F8, OR AIR MIDWEST as jumpseaters.

Skywest relents and allows F8 jumpers again.

(took about 2 weeks total)

(that's how it really happened folks)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
THE JUMPSEAT IS A COMPANY ASSET, not a Captain's toy. But hey, knock yourself out and have a tin god complex if it makes ya feel better.

Vandelay said:
Essentially what happened when Chitaco took the contract was they sold out all their future pilots (FOs) since everyone that voted for that thing knew they would be captains in short period of time with that kind of contract.

Let me say it, again:

The CHQ pilot group signed their contract for SCOPE. Growth has been a bi-product, and I'm grateful that it's given me the opportunity to upgrade. But I voted in favor of the agreement because the alternative was another Freedom, which meant lower payrates for us and you.

Does that mean that I'm satisfied with our current contract? Absolutely not. Does that mean that I'll give up anything in order to facilitate growth? Absolutely not.

Take, for instance, J4J. Our council, on their last posting on the CHQ message board, put out the terms the company had outlined for a J4J extension. They asked if we would be interested in even voting on those terms. Right now, there are 188 "no" answers. There are no "yes" answers right now.

Finally, I hope that mainline maintains the scope on the 190s. This isn't necessarily in my best interest, since I don't forsee myself staying in the airlines long term (I'd like a nice corporate job, personally). But I think the long term interests of the major airline pilots are best suited by keeping the aircraft at mainline. I can't think of anything that would be worth getting at mainline in exchange for that control.

"I'd like a nice corporate job, personally..."

Is Ted Turner your brother or do you have some other way to "jump the shark" and get over the airline pilot stigma? Seems most corporate flight departments want nothing to do with former airline types.

BenderGonzales said:

Is Ted Turner your brother or do you have some other way to "jump the shark" and get over the airline pilot stigma? Seems most corporate flight departments want nothing to do with former airline types.

and a bah humbug to you too

Why so mean people...Not enough sex?

quit stepping in the BS

E170Guppykiller said:
While many of you may not like our E170/190 rates, the 170 is a cool jet to fly and I'm sure the 190 will be just as cool or cooler to fly. While I'd love to make more money, the fact is that I'm content for the time being with our current rates as it's the most money I've ever made in my entire life.

You guys are falling for the BS way too easily. He doesn't even work there. Do ya really think anyone in their right mind would say that proudly? Let's all start thinking here:)

BenderGonzales said:

If that's the case, I won't be going anywhere very quickly, I suppose!

As I've heard that to get hired at FedEx I need to know three people who've flown with me there and be introduced to a chief pilot, I don't see that as any less insurmountable than a vague "stigma" associated with airline pilot types. I might not get hired by a major airline or a corporate flight department. I know a lot more people in the corporate world than I know at the majors, though, and so of the two I think it's more unlikely that I'll find myself at United than ABC, Inc., no matter what I want out of my career.

Furthermore, I never said I had to be a pilot for a corporation to be happy.

If anybody is interested in why I'd consider leaving the wonderful airline business, it's stupid "wars" like this where two people from different companies are too infantile to say hello to each other in the terminal because "he's stealing my flying" or "they'll sell their mother for an EMB190". Waking up feeling angry and neurotic every day isn't my cup of tea, I guess.

Yeah Strike but you have to say F them! As a mainline captain told me when I started out last year and I was asking for advice. Only person looking out for you is YOU. Seniority is everything.

Who gives a flying F what others think. Just be happy going to work and if that stops, time to move on

Latest resources

Back