• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

No LUV For LGA

Whine Lover

Total Time
12000+
I hear there are a lot of LGA turns available for pick up over at SWA...

Seems that place (LGA) just plain sucks no matter who you are.

However, when we had to sit for 2 hours waiting for take-off at least we were getting paid over and above.

Is a "trip" just a trip ( same pay ) no matter how long you guys have to sit out there?

YKW

Last edited:

CaptainKiwi

Total Time
no, we still get paid overfly. It just doesnt start until 12 minutes over the sched. The TA was 5 minutes over, but either way in LGA money will be made...

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
Yep, saw their first departure. Best of luck with that airport.

Bavarian Chef

Registered jetBluser
Total Time
How are they gonna do it?

Pull off V1 while taxiing to the hold short of course. I mean, the airport's not big enough to facilitate "hauling the chili" on taxiway AA.

jetflier

Total Time
lot's
Our ops say 15 Knots max taxi speed at LGA. SWA is at least 50 kts. How they gonna do it ?

Rez O. Lewshun

Save the Profession
Total Time
X>X
If you hate LGA, look up the history... it will give you a different perspective...

GuppyWN

Total Time
I am excited to return to LGA after many years away. Hard to complain about getting paid to sit around with the parking brake set.

Gup

mt2

road warrior
Total Time
20+yrs
Ah yes, OT while sitting on DD short of the windsock, parking brake set, USA Today crossword in hand. Who said LGA isn't civilized??

Then again, I did 6+07 LGA-MDW one night, 4 +/- of it on the taxiways. Hard to enjoy the OT of a leg like that...

DX Jake

Total Time
n/a
I've worked some LGA flights the past few days... it might suck... some of the delays were long.... BUT.... it's still better than PHL. NO DOUBT. I don't care what anyone says.

Ty Webb

Hostage to Fortune
Total Time
11000+
Also, try the pizza at La Famiglia, in the food court. I recommend the "fresca" which is a white mozzarella, with slices of tomato and some sort of green vegetable I can't identify but is quite tasty . . . . Although I am a lifelong Giordanno's fan, this fresca pizza rocks. PS., ask TSA to turn up the wattage on the xray when it goes through, if you want it to still be hot at the gate (works on pizza, but not on FA's, very few of those will be "hot" no matter the x-ray setting). Ty