No longer a rumor - United will hire..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

Back in 2000, UAL was my number one choice. I remember doing a paper on how great a company they were for one of my classes (I think the paper was in 1998 or so.).

I just updated my airline choice spreadsheet, and they were #16.

How times change!

cliff
YIP

I just updated my airline choice spreadsheet, and they were #16.

Cliff, for god's sakes, please tell me you're joking. An airline choice spreadsheet? Come on bro!!! I had a spreadsheet during UPT (more like a scribbled list on a crumbled piece of paper with beer stains) on which fighters I wanted in order, but a fatty spreadsheet....YGBSM. I'll tell you which airline you should have as number 1...the one that hires you!! I don't think I'd bring up your spreadsheet during your first interview...Good luck brutha.

Cliff, for god's sakes, please tell me you're joking. An airline choice spreadsheet? Come on bro!!! I had a spreadsheet during UPT (more like a scribbled list on a crumbled piece of paper with beer stains) on which fighters I wanted in order, but a fatty spreadsheet....YGBSM. I'll tell you which airline you should have as number 1...the one that hires you!! I don't think I'd bring up your spreadsheet during your first interview...Good luck brutha.

No kidding! I was thinking of asking him what the first 15 were, but decided against it........

I'll tell you which airline you should have as number 1...the one that hires you!!

Amen to that. No one knew in 1998 how these past nine years would unfold. No one knows now how the next nine years will unfold. What looks like a good decision today...

Fyi

all the bellyaching about UA hiring in the past should remember that they we under a COURT ORDERED CONSENT DECREE from May 1977 to 1997! 20 YEARS of court oredered supervision that followed the ratio of applicants of a certain kind VS the hiring. Decades of lawsuits, EEOC, whiners etc. took their toll. In 1997 they were released from this court ordered consent decree but UA lawyers decides to abide by it as liability protection. Nancy Stuke was a lovely lady, hired right out of UA DirectTravel Agency Salse to be the HR guru. One of her first questions was "If females are 51% of the population, why aren't the 51% of the hew hires?" You figure out the rst....UAL and PC....

Just tell me if she enjoyed her ride with the Blue Angels......

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back