No flapulation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

screwed_again

I hate flying with stupid FOs who are 6 miles out, above the glide slope and 250 kts pitching down and NOT asking for the flaps to slow down. I always help them out by placing my hand on the flap lever to give them a HINT that we need to slow down and get the flaps out.

The flip side would be the guy who is low and slow and asking for flaps. Ahh the eternal quest for energy managment.

However I happen to do it when I'm flying is the correct way...

All Captains should get paid IOE training pay to fly with FO's. I had one FO who during a windshear event on take off thought he was flying a piston twin again and firewalled the engines even though MAX power was already set. I guess he wanted to see what a shelled hot section would feel like but he went to Riddle and he will tell you and anyone else listening that he has the best flight education money can buy. It would be nice if they taught the kids how to be professional, mature, and less obnoxious.

I'm guessing it was a "mild" windshear event you are talking about. Like he pitched too abruptly on TO and got the WS aural and then didn't think about it and just slammed the throttles to the wall? Don't know what you were flying, but was it MAX thrust for the T/O? T/O thrust and Max thurst are different on the RJ.

If it was a true Windshear and I had any doubts, I would push those things as far forward as I could get them.

Last edited:
I had one FO who during a windshear event on take off thought he was flying a piston twin again and firewalled the engines even though MAX power was already set.

What is the windshear escape procedure at your company?

I hate when pilots hint.

I wish they would simply say "we're high and fast- how 'bout flaps to get us slow and low..?"

CoolSidePillow said:
It would be nice if they taught the kids how to be professional, mature, and less obnoxious.
I'm gonna propose a "pilots finishing school" course...thats a great idea...desperately needed here.

Maybe I can teach it. Force these kids to read flightinfo all day..

I'm not a mind reader. If you think i'm flying the airplane incorrectly -- It's your airplane. Take the controls and do it your way.

I get paid the same regardless.

CoolSidePillow said:
All Captains should get paid IOE training pay to fly with FO's. I had one FO who during a windshear event on take off thought he was flying a piston twin again and firewalled the engines even though MAX power was already set. I guess he wanted to see what a shelled hot section would feel like but he went to Riddle and he will tell you and anyone else listening that he has the best flight education money can buy. It would be nice if they taught the kids how to be professional, mature, and less obnoxious.

Oh the riddle bashing...Maybe he was all that and a b1tch before he went to riddle?

This industry is full of the I.K.E.'s I know everything characters. I dont think it will change soon.

I cant help it if I'm rich byatch!!! HAHA.

just kidding.

Latest resources

Back