No Endorsement of TA from NWA MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
81Horse said:
Are you saying there is no actual written TA?

Correct..no full text language. The "no" faction of the MEC was plenty pissed when they found this gem out. There was already an MEC resolution that stated that the pilots would have the FULL language before the vote started.

So, on top of that, the MEC had made the committment to not vote on this POS until the full langauage was reviewed. The negotiating committee had to face the music that there WAS no full language that had been negotiated, but rather just points.

Just a few sections of full text language was provided on the fourth day of the meeting...Even if you had all the sections, how can you review anything like this in a couple of hours?

The yes men were standing around with the "who farted?" look on their face.

I can't believe anyone would push this thing with out seeing the details.

Nu

Last edited:
Just curious as to why it takes a month for voting on this to start then almost another month to vote. Seems like quite a long time. I would have expected everyone would have time to vote in say... a week especially after having so much time since the TA was originally posted. It would be nice to know WTF is going to happen for the summer before the summer is over.

WMUSIGPI said:
Just curious as to why it takes a month for voting on this to start then almost another month to vote. Seems like quite a long time. I would have expected everyone would have time to vote in say... a week especially after having so much time since the TA was originally posted. It would be nice to know WTF is going to happen for the summer before the summer is over.
Don't get too rapped up, this thing could take another year before you airlinkers find out what is going to happen.

WMUSIGPI said:
... It would be nice to know WTF is going to happen for the summer before the summer is over.

Nobody who has a vote really cares about this summer, I suspect.

"Correct..no full text language"

I may be dumb as a box of rock, after all I am a blue smurf:), but even I know better than to sign something I haven't seen. I would imagine some of the MEC members might find themselves in a bit of hot water with the pilots!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back