Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Windsor

I do 5x5's
Anyone else been shunned by Atlantic? I was in ELP recently and told that because I'm a dirty freight dog, I cannot get Atlantic Awards certs. I was told by the customer service manager that all cargo operators are banned from getting points.

I'm used to the fact that my planes are dirty and they dont want to park us near the door, but we buy fuel just like regular folks do. I think its a bunch of crap that they give us static just because we dont fly pax. They'll look down on a cargo guy flying a Falcon that will buy 1000gal, but will kiss the rear end of a guy in a CJ1 that takes 300gal.

Are you buying retail or contract fuel? If you are buying retail fuel then I would start calling all the higher ups at Atlantic until you get your certificates.

Oh man, dont even get me started on those efen FBO s. They never gave us any service in a cargo Lear 25 that burned a ton of gas.

Then, in my next job I fly a stinkin turbo-prop. It burns a fraction of the gas, but since it corporate we get treated like gold.

By the way, all our fuel in the corporate tubo-prop IS CONTRACT, and we still get avtrip points, atlantic awards, etc...

I've seen signs at some fbo's on their doors saying freight pilots may not use our facilities or wording to that extent. Then they charge a ramp fee, forklift fee, we buy fuel and all we want to do is get to the rest room or kick back in the lounge for a little while during the time it takes for the truck to get there. Come on.

I hear you guys... I used to fly a Metro into Reno, and the desk lady at the mercury would hide the cookies when the us freight pilots come in. One day one of us her that if she didnt put the cookie tray back out that we were all going to taxi over to the competitors FBO and buy all our gas there. The cookies mysteriously returned. We never seemed to be able to get hanger space either, but then a GIV showed up there was always room. My advice would be to make sure you look respectable when show up there. Ive been treated ALOT better in nice clothes than I have in a freight loading freindly hoodie and beanie. Yeah it sucks to have to cater a little bit to them, but you will get a better response when you tell them that even though you dont have pax, you should still be getting the perks. Make sure you tell them that too and ask for their name so you now who to refer to when you call mercury HQ. Also maybe talk to your Ops manager, or someone like that, get them to call mercury or whoever HQ and give them the old "our company buys 3000 gals of fuel a week from you and we could buy it elsewhere". You need to stand up to them, but when you do, you need to be professional about it too and not just give them the standard WTF. However, none of this applies at Signature, even when I roll in the GIV now I get the same ********************ty ass treatment that I did in a Bandit. Theres no hope there they are just A**holes. Good luck

Had a funny thing happen several years ago that evened the score at an FBO in Kansas that CLEARLY catered to the pax corporate world. Fuel was "contract" however one night there was a new girl behind the counter. Took about 11,000 gallons in our thirsty DC8 freighter. Ended up walking out with 28 steaks and 18 bottles of wine.

Still on their mailing list

I've never been into an Atlantic FBO. But there was an FBO at FTW I used to go into every day with my metroliner and got to know the folks there real well. One day I jokingly complained to one of the ramp guys about how all the jets got a nice red carpet when they parked. The next day the entire line service group was out there when I came in. The rolled out a red carpet, came out with ladders and washed my windows, the whole nine-yards. I laughed my a$$ off.

I've seen signs at some fbo's on their doors saying freight pilots may not use our facilities or wording to that extent. Then they charge a ramp fee, forklift fee, we buy fuel and all we want to do is get to the rest room or kick back in the lounge for a little while during the time it takes for the truck to get there. Come on.

Some bottom feeder freight operators do not want to get any kind of hotel or apt for pilots , and just expect them to rot in the FBO all day. They may not mind someone hanging out for a while, but I doubt they want someone living in there. Its those outfits that end up hurting the rest

If it forces some operators to get a hotel room or a crew apartment/car, its not such a bad thing.

Latest resources

Back