• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No ASA For UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it would be better if UAL flying went to UAL - but of course I am keeping my champagne on "ice".......

I think it would be better if UAL flying went to UAL - but of course I am keeping my champagne on "ice".......

I think we all agree with you here. However, I think we might as well wish in one hand and $hit in the other for all the good it would do...............

Again, the lawyers said it was ok to tell recurrent classes, but to actually put out a company memo is no good....

I mean, a memo is a memo! It's like...official.

Telling a recurrent class is not really disseminating information, it's just innocent banter. <sarcasm>

Plus, it's not like evryone's listening in recurrent anyway...

skywest inc. and Mr. JA are ironing out the wrinkles in the contract with UAL. JA is making sure skywest inc makes money if UAL goes into bankruptcy.

College football? I'd be into it if I were an 18 yr old freshman. Red tide? WTF is that?

ugh... as an auburn guy i cant believe i am explaining this. as far as i know, a long time ago a broadcaster described the alabama team taking the field as a "crimson tide" and it just stuck.... at least thats what i was told.

College football? I'd be into it if I were an 18 yr old freshman. Red tide? WTF is that?

From RollTide.com: (note most mud dowm heah is red right? see? lol)

How the Crimson Tide Got its Name

why-crimson-sm.jpg

1900 Offensive formationIn early newspaper accounts of Alabama football, the team was simply listed as the "varsity" or the "Crimson White" after the school colors.
The first nickname to become popular and used by headline writers was the "Thin Red Line." The nickname was used until 1906.
The name "Crimson Tide" is supposed to have first been used by Hugh Roberts, former sports editor of the Birmingham Age-Herald. He used "Crimson Tide" in describing an Alabama-Auburn game played in Birmingham in 1907, the last football contest between the two schools until 1948 when the series was resumed. The game was played in a sea of mud and Auburn was a heavy favorite to win.
But, evidently, the "Thin Red Line" played a great game in the red mud and held Auburn to a 6-6 tie, thus gaining the name "Crimson Tide." Zipp Newman, former sports editor of the Birmingham News, probably popularized the name more than any other writer.

Hoser
Roll Tide!

skywest inc. and Mr. JA are ironing out the wrinkles in the contract with UAL. JA is making sure skywest inc makes money if UAL goes into bankruptcy.
Uncle Jerry and his band of Merry Mormon Accountants are diabolical geniuses at bullet- and bankruptcy-proofing their contracts. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if that were, indeed, the holdup.

More to come...

big ASA announcement in a few hours... heard it from a guy who knows a guy in the A-Tech!

Like the Judge said "Well?...We're waiting!!!"

Latest resources

Back