No ANR headsets on takeoff?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Morettis

I was riding on United the other day and the FA said to turn off the ANR on my QC15's for takeoff. They also said the headrests had to be down for Takeoff and Landing. Is this something new or have I just been oblivious in the past? I can't remember ever seeing an FA tell someone to put their headrest down before.

Silly rules

They also said the headrests had to be down for Takeoff and Landing. Is this something new or have I just been oblivious in the past? I can't remember ever seeing an FA tell someone to put their headrest down before.

I was commuting home, dead tired, asleep, and leaned way over into the empty seat next to me, when a FA woke me up and said to 'sit up' for landing.
She told me is in their manual, pax have to sit up for takeoffs and landings.

It was upsetting to robbed out of some precious sleep (after a long duty day in a far away time zone) because someone thinks I am not sitting up enough for landing (btw: my seat belt was clearly fastened and the seat back was upright.)

Has anyone had/seen an FA make pax put the armrest down for TO/LDG? I saw an FA on a 170 make a pax put the center one down for landing. What is the reason for that?

Has anyone had/seen an FA make pax put the armrest down for TO/LDG? I saw an FA on a 170 make a pax put the center one down for landing. What is the reason for that?

Yes, I've been told that before at least once. I remember asking her if that was to further impede my escape in an evacuation and she said all headreasts down, tables up and seat arms down. Crazy, you know for some, power corrupts.
LUV

I was commuting home, dead tired, asleep, and leaned way over into the empty seat next to me, when a FA woke me up and said to 'sit up' for landing.
She told me is in their manual, pax have to sit up for takeoffs and landings

If you seat was reclined it is a danger to the person behind you...supposedly.

Frankly US flights would be better with no FAs and a vending machine.

An ANR headset IS allowed, at least at Southwest, you just can't be listening to your Ipod. It's not an FAA thing if we allow it, unless we have some sort of exemption.

Latest resources

Back