• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NMD at ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not doing anything. I'm just sharing my opinion on why it won't fly.

I do think one of our major challenges is how senior our pilot group is. That makes it very difficult for us to compete with other airlines who make life miserable for pilots, and are therefore relatively junior.

Only to a point.

According to the earnings call yesterday, ASA was awarded the latest additional flying without any RFP.

We need to grieve this issue, because I think this goes against the intent of the PBS LOA.

If the company wants to play this game, then we need to fight back. Pissing off employees is not going to save the company money.

Originally Posted by aircombat
and what exactly are you trying to accomplish by nickel and diming your fellow pilots? If you are going to say growth then save your breath because if pilot pay is a major contributing factor in negotiating future growth we will lose no matter what. That's the reality of being a senior airline.

I do think one of our major challenges is how senior our pilot group is. That makes it very difficult for us to compete with other airlines who make life miserable for pilots, and are therefore relatively junior.

And of course creating the illusion that pilot pay is "a major contributing factor in negotiating future growth" is one of management's primary tactics.

Well you are allowed your own opinion but it is clearly a selfish one. This wouldn't cost the company much and I'm sure that it's something being exploited as a loophole.
If you agree that one of our challenges is our senior pilot group how about you try to solve that issue instead of nickel and diming the junior pilots because of your inefficiencies. Most of these attempts to maintain the senior pilots ends up hurting the entire profession in the future.

"Soft costs" (deadheads) are at the top of the list of things to cut.

My point is that we have to choose if we want to be able to drop trips or not. I vote for dropping trips, personally.

Could you perhaps elaborate on this 'list' of things to cut?

All, this is not reserves only. I'm a line holder and posted a split pairing, (never picked up) the company removed my posting for a third pairing change 4XXXC etc and is dinging me for NMB when this change is not of my doings. I've called Scheduling and was told its getting reversed. Please check your pairings for this NMB garbage, anytime the company makes a sched change.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back