• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NMB Certifies JetBlue Election to Take Place

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just got a 21%increase I fly min credit. All without ALPo and they did not take 1.9 and my pre tax dollars. They basically get to touch my 401k before I do?! No bueno!

Wow, got a pay bump at 2nd year... Woot.

How much did we pay in DR dues?

Glad life's good for you hyper...

How did ALPA do for TWA? Is that why TWA pilots sued ALPA?

We have a TWA guy on the organizing committee. He understands that, despite ALPA's checkered past and shortcomings, JetBlue pilot's need something more than the direct relationship. There are too many things that a CBA can do for us that our current structure cannot to continue on the way things are. An in-house union would be dead on arrival. If there is another viable option, I'm all ears.

Hyper boys viable option is taking it with a tube of lube, because his last carrier didn't use any.

I just got a 21%increase I fly min credit. All without ALPo and they did not take 1.9 and my pre tax dollars. They basically get to touch my 401k before I do?! No bueno!

You just got 13%, followed by two future increases of 3.5% each. This didn't even keep up with the previously established peer set, and required a change in the peer set and a significant work rules reduction to get that much. Good thing you saved that 1.9% to preserve your substandard increase. Congrats.

BTW, union dues are post tax (and thus become tax deductible). They don't affect your 401k, which is based on gross pay, so I don't know what you're blathering about there.

You just got 13%, followed by two future increases of 3.5% each. This didn't even keep up with the previously established peer set, and required a change in the peer set and a significant work rules reduction to get that much. Good thing you saved that 1.9% to preserve your substandard increase. Congrats.

BTW, union dues are post tax (and thus become tax deductible). They don't affect your 401k, which is based on gross pay, so I don't know what you're blathering about there.

I am sorry but this is not true. 1.9% per tax dollars. Last year ALPO voted dictatorship style to drop dues from 1.95% to 1.9% but now they get your pre tax earnings which means they get to touch your 401k before you do! Not sure if I can make it any easier to understand.

I am sorry but this is not true. 1.9% per tax dollars. Last year ALPO voted dictatorship style to drop dues from 1.95% to 1.9% but now they get your pre tax earnings which means they get to touch your 401k before you do! Not sure if I can make it any easier to understand.

Well, no actually, you have no clue what you're talking about. 401k contributions are based on your gross pay. That does not change no matter what ALPA bases its dues on. You're referring to the fact that ALPA dues are now based on gross pay as well, not reduced by 401k contributions. This doesn't mean they get part of your contributions (which remain unchanged), just that the pay base is marginally larger than it was previously, while the percentage claimed is reduced. For some pilots, especially junior pilots with few contributions, dues went down slightly. For others, especially senior pilots who max out their contributions, dues went up slightly. The dues themselves are post-tax, meaning they are paid after you pay taxes on the earnings.

Food for thought...
Union pilots, ALPA and otherwise have raised the bar industry wide, including for Jet blue pilots.

As explained to you they do not touch your 401K. It's a shame you have to resort to lying to further your argument. I fly around 80 hours but with the recent bid divisors that has increased (again not by my choice) to 85+. The 21% is over 3 years and only valid at 70 hours. My raise has been more like 5-7% yet we are woefully behind in every benefit category. Liars figure and figures lie.

You make $100,000 for example. All this means is that dues are based on the full 100k whether you sock away $13000 in a 401k or not.

Alpa doesn't "have their hands in your 401k" you just don't get a discount on dues simply because you contribute pre-tax retirement dollars.

Latest resources

Back