• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJI recruiting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is usually not cool to post real names on the site so I won't start here. However, direct your correspondence to the Director of Operations Attn: Pilot Recruitment and it will get to the right stack.

I will tell you that the stack is very tall. NJI is hiring approximately 6 per month through the rest of the year. Your total time is a bit low considering you don't have a Gulfstream rating but the single best way to get an interview is to search your network for someone employed by NJI and get your resume walked in.

Now, for an aside to Starman who will be unable to resist: I learned a long time ago to never say never. However, it is EXTREMELY unlikely that NJI and NJA will EVER merge. Concentrate on good schedule and good money and leave the rest alone.

Back to you, Kingfisher--send in your paperwork through channels, try to locate an inside contact, and keep your fingers crossed.

Best of luck

Nothing against you, I just had to laugh at a 5800 hour pilot being refered to as "Low Time". Hey, good luck with NJI - find the inside contact, it is the best way there. Many say it is a great job - but almost any job in a G-IV is going to be a good job.

Maybe I'm off too, but a merger of all NetJets companies' (NJA, NJI, NJM, NJE, NJ Sales, and NJ Canada) is being discussed at the highest of levels. What will become of those "discussions" is yet to be determined. But there is a whole lot of legal mumbo jumbo that is being reviewed as to the legality of these operating as seperate business while similar in function. My understanding of the legal side is that at least two of these companies, possibly three must merge or disolved or be in violation of Federal Law. But what is my opinion worth?

gutshotdraw said:
It is usually not cool to post real names on the site so I won't start here. However, direct your correspondence to the Director of Operations Attn: Pilot Recruitment and it will get to the right stack.

I will tell you that the stack is very tall. NJI is hiring approximately 6 per month through the rest of the year. Your total time is a bit low considering you don't have a Gulfstream rating but the single best way to get an interview is to search your network for someone employed by NJI and get your resume walked in.

Now, for an aside to Starman who will be unable to resist: I learned a long time ago to never say never. However, it is EXTREMELY unlikely that NJI and NJA will EVER merge. Concentrate on good schedule and good money and leave the rest alone.

Back to you, Kingfisher--send in your paperwork through channels, try to locate an inside contact, and keep your fingers crossed.

Best of luck

Last time I checked, Netjets Europe operated everything from Bravos to GIVs/GVs. Never say never - the precedent has already been set and there is no logical reason to keep the units apart anymore given that NJA and NJI aircraft regularly substitute for each other on a daily basis...

Do you see any logical (read non-emotional) reason to keep them apart any longer if NJE operates all aircraft together????? I'd love to hear it...

On Your Six said:
Last time I checked, Netjets Europe operated everything from Bravos to GIVs/GVs. Never say never - the precedent has already been set and there is no logical reason to keep the units apart anymore given that NJA and NJI aircraft regularly substitute for each other on a daily basis...

Do you see any logical (read non-emotional) reason to keep them apart any longer if NJE operates all aircraft together????? I'd love to hear it...

I think NJE does not operate Gulfstreams....NJME does.

Okay Six,

I'll take a stab at it.

The reasons why NJI and NJA were established as separate divisions have been covered many times before on this board. The fact is, any attempt through the legal system to force a merger will likely fail because of the very specific language in the existing CBA which states that Gulfstream aircraft shall be operated by Executive Jet International. Right or wrong, that is how it is and shall remain UNLESS a change is negotiated in the new contract.

The question you have to ask is: How likely is it that RTS will agree to placing another division under the control of the union that has caused him so many headaches? I will also point out that NJI has established stand alone Operations, Training, Scheduling, Dispatch, International Handling, Travel, Human Resources, and Finance departments in South Carolina making it a bit more difficult to unscramble the egg.

As for Netjets Europe operating soup to nuts: it is their right. They are a separate division with their own operations and articles of incorporation. NJI has no right to demand they operate NJE's Gulfstreams nor has NJI asked.

The idea of merging EJM is a complete non-starter because many of the managed aircraft are not available for charter and are with EJM strictly to provide a hassle-free means of paying the bills, take advantage of bulk pricing, and have access to other options in the event of an AOG problem. Many of the managed aircraft owners would terminate their contracts ASAP if told "Your pilots are now members of IBT Local 1108 and will make what our contract says they will make." Do you think RTS will let go of that revenue stream?

You asked for a logical reason as to why keep the divisions separate. I will give you the most logical reason there is: NJI and EJM operations are profitable. NJA operations are not. (Key word alert: Operations) I will leave the why up to you.

One more note. The most popular reason bandied about for merging divisions is that NJA, NJI, EJM and NJE all work for the Same Company. Wouldn't that mean, in the event of a merger, the seniority lists should be blended based on date of hire by the Same Company? The NJA pilots ask for and deserve a fair contract--is it fair to demand a merger on the Same Company principle and then staple the other divisions to the bottom? Or just hypocritical?

gutshotdraw said:
Okay Six, ........

The idea of merging EJM is a complete non-starter because many of the managed aircraft are not available for charter and are with EJM strictly to provide a hassle-free means of paying the bills, take advantage of bulk pricing, and have access to other options in the event of an AOG problem. Many of the managed aircraft owners would terminate their contracts ASAP if told "Your pilots are now members of IBT Local 1108 and will make what our contract says they will make." Do you think RTS will let go of that revenue stream?

From what I know from some friends who fly managed aircraft for EJM, they would be upset about having to take a pay cut....the owners would probably like it.

gutshotdraw said:
Okay Six,

I'll take a stab at it.

The reasons why NJI and NJA were established as separate divisions have been covered many times before on this board. The fact is, any attempt through the legal system to force a merger will likely fail because of the very specific language in the existing CBA which states that Gulfstream aircraft shall be operated by Executive Jet International. Right or wrong, that is how it is and shall remain UNLESS a change is negotiated in the new contract.

The question you have to ask is: How likely is it that RTS will agree to placing another division under the control of the union that has caused him so many headaches? I will also point out that NJI has established stand alone Operations, Training, Scheduling, Dispatch, International Handling, Travel, Human Resources, and Finance departments in South Carolina making it a bit more difficult to unscramble the egg.

As for Netjets Europe operating soup to nuts: it is their right. They are a separate division with their own operations and articles of incorporation. NJI has no right to demand they operate NJE's Gulfstreams nor has NJI asked.

You asked for a logical reason as to why keep the divisions separate. I will give you the most logical reason there is: NJI and EJM operations are profitable. NJA operations are not. (Key word alert: Operations) I will leave the why up to you.

One more note. The most popular reason bandied about for merging divisions is that NJA, NJI, EJM and NJE all work for the Same Company. Wouldn't that mean, in the event of a merger, the seniority lists should be blended based on date of hire by the Same Company? The NJA pilots ask for and deserve a fair contract--is it fair to demand a merger on the Same Company principle and then staple the other divisions to the bottom? Or just hypocritical?

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate the non-confrontational manner of this discussion (unlike previous postings). I never thought EJM was under consideration given the owner-operated structure. However, I still think that the fact that NJI has stand alone operations when NJA already has the same resources (why do you need duplicative resources) is an example of waste that could be reinvested in the underpaid pilot and FA workforce. Sure, it's a small amount of cost when considered overall, but it is yet another example of unnecessary cost.

Everyone understands why NJI was set-up and how Forstman insisted upon a non-union workforce for the joint-venture with Gulfstream. However, times have changed and NJA owners are no different than NJI owners in terms of their expectations. Should the few BBJ owners expect anything different than the GIV/GV owners? Why are the aircraft interchangeable while the pilots are not? Why are NJE (and yes, the GIVs and Vs operate in Europe under one workforce - I have parked next to them at Luton and talked to them directly) pilots treated differently when NJA clearly subsidized NJE for years? There are a lot of non-sensical aspects and inequity in this situation. I would ask any NJI pilot to look at this situation from the other perspective - do you think it would be fair? How would you react?

I am not affiliated with Netjets. However, I know a number of NJA pilots who feel very strongly about this issue and the perceived inequity. I know this is a major issue for many NJA pilots. To me, it just doesn't make sense with NJE operating very differently (pilots flying all aircraft within the fleet) - that's blatantly unfair....

Latest resources

Back