Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CL60

Just curious...

Don't see much about NJI on here. Do most aspiring NJ pilots want to work for NJA rather than NJI? Is it due to the greater need, opportunity... ???

Happy holidays

From what I have heard from people trying to get in with NJI they aren't hiring or have hired in a long time. Plus they like people that have Gulfstream time. My old CP has been trying for two years to get in there. No luck yet. Just my $.02.

I think the reason for most interest in NJA is that NJI is a pretty obscure part of the NetJets organization unless you know what you're looking for. All the hiring information found on the netjets.com website steers you towards NJA. Both groups are owned by the parent, NetJets. There are some administrative differences in the way the two groups are managed, paid, scheduled, etc. The job function at NJI is virtually the same as at NJA. Our flight instructions all come from the same place, NetJets HQ in CMH. I've been at NJI for about 2 years and it's been a good experience. However, the hiring opportunities on this side are virtually non-existent for the time being. The delivery schedules for all the large NetJets aircraft has slowed down. This has had a larger impact on the NJI side of the house due to the fact that our group only operates Gulfstream 4s and 5s. NJA is still hiring. If your interested in going to work for NetJets, I'd say NJA is the way to go if you want to start working in the near future.

Latest resources

Back