NJI heading to the Teamsters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
be-400xpdriver said:
Yes thats the answer. Sale NJI just to screw the pilots. You have to be smarter than that. Santulli wants to make money and not dismantle the company he built. If you were all smart you would organize join the 1108 and get a little protection from being stapled to the bottom of NJA seniortiy list.

Selling NJI may be exactly what Richard Santulli has in mind. This is a post from another thread in the Fractional Board:

GVFlyer said:
The existing relationship between NJI and Gulfstream is a close one. Raynor Reavis was VP for Gulfstream Shares, left Gulfstream to work with Keven Russell as Vice President for NetJets Sales, then returned to Gulfstream where he is presently Vice President Sales and Marketing.

My guess is that Berkshire Hathaway and General Dynamics / Gulfstream are in negotiations and will find it mutually beneficial for GD / Gulfstream to purchase NJI in order to complete their marketing line-up just as Citation, Raytheon, Bombardier and other airframers have done. Gulfstream presently offers charter through Gulfstream Charter Sales, lease through GFS, small through large cabin aircraft with the G100, G150, G200, G350, G450, G500, G550 aircraft lines, but has no fractional company.

GV

Publishers said:
I still believe that the single carrier action has no chance. BTW what is to stop NJI from putting together their own in house union or joining another.

Nothing, except SCP would still aplly and the integration of NJA pilots would not stop. Of course that would stop the other guys arguement that he ain't in a Union.

BBJPILOT said:
Nothing, except SCP would still aplly and the integration of NJA pilots would not stop. Of course that would stop the other guys arguement that he ain't in a Union.

Thanks for the explanation, Tom. It sounds like the smart thing for NJI pilots to do would be to form the Local Brotherhood of South Carolina Gulfstream Pilots to protect themselves from the Teamsters. They could meet at the South Carolina Yacht Club at Windmill Harbour!

I didn't think there would be that much interest, but it looks like there is. Blaze a trail boys.

wolfpackpilot said:
Or this

Basically my gut instinct tells me I smell a rat. I don’t think this has anything to do with senior NJA pilots wanting to fly Gulfstreams. I think it has everything to do with a bunch of young 3-5 year ultra pilots looking for a seat grab. Only time will tell if I’m right or wrong, and if I’m wrong, then I’ll apologize, if I’m right, shame on you!

You know Wolf pack,
This is the kind of attitude that we love to see from you guys at NJI. No wonder I rarely take the time to stop and say HI to you guys on the road, I must have ran into you at some FBO in the past. God, some of you guys make me so sick with you high and mighty attitude.

One point I will agree with you on though is that you guys could be sold. Rumor mill has been saying that for a year, then we will see how well you stand alone with the Ultras.....

squonk said:
I didn't think there would be that much interest, but it looks like there is. Blaze a trail boys.

Did you see the Group 4 payrates? Interest! Hell, I'll be looking at that bid myself!

Last edited:
RNObased said:
You know Wolf pack,
This is the kind of attitude that we love to see from you guys at NJI. No wonder I rarely take the time to stop and say HI to you guys on the road, I must have ran into you at some FBO in the past. God, some of you guys make me so sick with you high and mighty attitude.

One point I will agree with you on though is that you guys could be sold. Rumor mill has been saying that for a year, then we will see how well you stand alone with the Ultras.....

You really shouldn't generalize, you know. I work for NJI. I've eaten meals with you guys. I always say "hi" if I'm around you. I've shared my taxis with you guys so you wouldn't have to wait for your own. I've let you go ahead of me in hotel check-in lines so you could relax a little sooner.

Why? Because I don't generalize all of you as being nothing more than self-serving whiners. I know the truth is rather different, and that the SMALL minority on both sides who spew their rhetoric don't represent the vast majority of folks who are interested in nothing more than doing the best job they can, so they can enjoy the things they really love: friends and family. Just look through a few of the threads here; you'll find all the usual suspects. Does that mean everyone at NJA shares their views? I don't think so, and I'm not going to let them affect how I treat others on the road.

On a side note, I don't know: Do you really think Gulfstream owners really care about Ultras? I know I wouldn't, but then again, I'm not rich ;)

Latest resources

Back