• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJI base choices

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the help. However, do they still hire straight into nji off the street? and what is the pay for nji. I herd that there is a difference then nja.

Thanks for the help. However, do they still hire straight into nji off the street? and what is the pay for nji. I herd that there is a difference then nja.

The union web board has a wonderful search function. These questions have been answered over there.

And it's "heard" not "herd"...

Lame that you would claim to be a NJA Encore PIC when it is clear you know nothing about the operation. Anyone in that position would know a lot more than you indicate.............

FrontierFan - your profile states that your current position is "NJA Encore Captain". If that's true, how could you not know about your own union's website? I'm not ragging on you, I'm just trying to understand how that happened.

While you are at the 1108 website, go into the union message board and search around for the experiences of some of the guys that have bid over from NJA to NJI. Several of them have posted about the work environment over at NJI.

Guitar, since we don't have access (yet!??!) to the 1108 website, some of us across the fence would like to know what the crossover guys think. I have flown with two and met two more and all have told me they think QOL is better. Are they blowing smoke at me or is that the consensus? Thanks

Gutshot- from what I've read on the 1108 board, the QOL does seem a little better- not as much crew rot in fbos and better food. All that have gone over already had fly from home, but that would be a big QOL improvement for any post contract hire to think about taking a 3 year FO slot when they have been at NJA long enough to hold it.

Guitar, since we don't have access (yet!??!) to the 1108 website, some of us across the fence would like to know what the crossover guys think. I have flown with two and met two more and all have told me they think QOL is better. Are they blowing smoke at me or is that the consensus? Thanks

I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, but most of the posts that I read seem to say that there are things that are better and that are worse at NJI. Crew food was one area that was said to be better but it sounds like that may unfortunately be changing. I think one area of concern has been scheduling and perhaps vacation.

I've spoken to a few of the guys who've gone over to NJI and of course, read postings over on the union board. I've not heard anyone say that they felt that they've made a mistake by going over there although several have said that they miss NJA and the people they used to fly with over here at "A".

Guitar Guy said:
I've not heard anyone say that they felt that they've made a mistake by going over there although several have said that they miss NJA and the people they used to fly with over here at "A".

So does this mean we're finally all getting along? I hope so, my therapist is getting expensive, and I still cant bring myself to wear the gold tie he wants me too during my sessions.

WPP.

PS. I know someone around there thats in Gulfstream school??? :erm: But I aint tellin :rolleyes:

So does this mean we're finally all getting along? I hope so, my therapist is getting expensive, and I still cant bring myself to wear the gold tie he wants me too during my sessions.

WPP.

PS. I know someone around there thats in Gulfstream school??? :erm: But I aint tellin :rolleyes:

Personally, I've never had a problem with the NJI crews that I've met. By the way, gold is a nice color but it's funny when people ask if you fly for Nike because of the design on that tie.

As for someone in G-school, I'm 99.23% certain that I know who you mean. My best wishes to him and probably to you guys for putting up with him...:laugh:

Latest resources

Back