NJI and NJA Merger Official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have to call BS on this one.

That entity had ties to people in the company. Ask Chip what happened to his pay pal account on his "website" when the investigation started. I know for a FACT that Chip accepted money in his pay pal account for "favors". Have a friend that did it on several occasions which started the unfolding of our friendship. Ask Chip how can he look himself in the mirror in the morning, when after punching a hole in the wall at work, he brought the NAACP to his "termination" meeting and used the word "racist" to keep his job. We have some great people upstairs, but they are outnumbered by the idiots.

That's uncalled for and untrue....

NJW: ....The general impression I receive from almost all of the crewmembers on the road (and my own impression) is, "What value-added benefit do we really receive from the IBT anyway?" Other than IBT's (potential) financial resources in the event of a major labor dispute/strike, I can think of no other benefit ...Exactly. Instead they bring the baggage of their tarnished reputation which forces 1108, who has an excellent record, to defend their good name.
Keep in mind, we pay IBT roughly $90,000 per month in dues. That figure left in my mouth (and leaves to this day) a very bad taste....and I can only assume that many others (at least, those "in the know") feel the same. I couldn't agree more. It's very easy to look at that monthly amount and think of all the things the NJ pilots could do with it to directly benefit the group.

I believe, on this issue, that the writing is on the wall unless the IBT miraculously steps up and wins us over, with something along the lines of a retirement benefit package or other ($$) incentive.

It would take a miracle because I don't think the IBT would offer anything that had a value in excess of the monthly dues; therefore, the pilots would just be funding whatever the IBT chose for them to get. I think most would prefer to see all of their dues remain in-house under their own control to provide programs of their own choosing that would be there permanently, not just when de-certification was threatened. I think the NJ pilots (both A & I) deserve a union that operates the same way they do--with class and professionalism.

Hey DD
I am curious as to if this is really an option. I am not familiar with union stuff, but how easy is it for NJA to vote them out and start an in house union? I was told that it takes a majority vote to get a union in, but 100% vote to remove them.....kinda like a mother-in-law coming to stay with you because your wife said it was so, but she isn't leaving until you both kick her out.

Not sure either, I know nothing about the union stuff. But hell those NJA boys(and NJW)make it sound so GOOD, I'm going to give up my pizza delivery job and become a pilot at Netjets!!! HOW do I get my name in the hat?????:)
Someone help PLEASE P.S. I think that NJW is most likely correct.

Mmmmm Chocolate Chip.

Man can't we have a new contract already so NJW would go away. I get it I get it rising tide lifts all boats, your husband is underpaid, you volunteer, yes we got war and peace version, where the heck is waldo anyway?

BTW i want to thank those who have PM'd me to give me affirmations of hope for NJW. May she get the help she needs.

Insert njw constant quoting and last words.....3....2.....1.. now

Last edited:
Any board member wishing the posts of another to "go away" can easily use the ignore function to make that happen. Doing so alleviates some of the complaints/personal attacks and allows readers to focus on the issues in an atmosphere of community spirit. My thanks to those members who engage in civil discourse and extra thanks to those who have sent supportive PMs.

The NJA proposal is not the only relevant issue that I post on. Flight Options pilots are in contract negotiations, as well, and many other pilots are frustrated by wages that match blue collar jobs instead of their professional skills. It's a discouraging situation and support for their efforts to raise the bar are appreciated.

The topic of underpaid pilots isn't trivial. Far too many have to deal with the grim reality of trying to make ends meet each month. They aren't wondering where Waldo is...:rolleyes: they're too busy figuring out how to pay the bills and take care of their families.

Insert njw constant quoting and last words.....3....2.....1.. now

Diesel:

With all due respect, considering that you have made more than TWICE the number of posts that NJW has (based on the count provided below your avitar) I don't think you have any room to talk. Don't like to read her posts? Fine - do as she suggests and ignore them.

For the record, I happen to find her posts reasoned, well-informed and of a different perspective that I happen to value.

The same constitutional right which grants you the freedom to write 3,481 posts on this message board gives NJW to do the same, irregardless of how you feel.

Respectfully..

Diesel:

With all due respect, considering that you have made more than TWICE the number of posts that NJW has (based on the count provided below your avitar) I don't think you have any room to talk. Don't like to read her posts? Fine - do as she suggests and ignore them.

For the record, I happen to find her posts reasoned, well-informed and of a different perspective that I happen to value.

The same constitutional right which grants you the freedom to write 3,481 posts on this message board gives NJW to do the same, irregardless of how you feel.

Respectfully..
I too have found her posts to be very informitive and in great taste. She has shouldered a lot of abuse while bringing great information and reason that we otherwise would not have. We all have opinions, hers are much more respectful and informed than many others. Thank You NJW

Yessss I get the last word! Whoohoo. Best homer simpson voice.

With all due respect, considering that you have made more than TWICE the number of posts that NJW has (based on the count provided below your avitar) I don't think you have any room to talk.

It actually should be more than that because it is an aviation board.

Whoohooo (best homer simpson voice)

I too have found her posts to be very informitive and in great taste. She has shouldered a lot of abuse while bringing great information and reason that we otherwise would not have. We all have opinions, hers are much more respectful and informed than many others. Thank You NJW

My thanks to you and NJAPilot for the kind words! :) From my card shop, a note to all who have extended support, publicly and privately. Thanks for including me!

http://www.bluemountain.com/view.pd?i=175455137&m=1932&rr=y&source=bma999

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back