Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA wanted NJI pilots to become part of Union in TA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FLYLOW22 said:
Ok... so I got tired of reading everyone's guesses here. I asked someone who has dealt with scope lawyers and who is in the know what the real deal was. The NJI LOU becomes binding if the TA is ratified. Period.

RTS agreed to it, now RTS will get it... and so will NJI. RTS can play games with the NJI/NJA pilots but in the end he doesn't care about NJI pilots (and certainly not NJA pilots).

This in no merger. It is an re-aquisition of what should have never been there BACK into NJA. That being said, with this NJI LOU and an ironclad single carrier lawsuit in the 1108 memberships pocket, transplantation of the G4 and G5s to NJA will happen eventually. Not if, when.

The most senior guy there is 10 yrs. NJA has 17-18 yr guys looking at coming on over. They will be the senior monkey on deck. Period.

Ok... options for NJI pilots going forward in the 36 months following TA ratification.

Option #1... Voluntarily and cooperatively work with the 1108 leadership towards seniority integration.

Get a good deal. Get relatively fair protections. Work openly and productively to secure your futures.

Option#2... Resist1108.

This would have varying degrees of detrimental result for the typical NJI pilot.

1108 will throw everything at NJI pilots to give them as little as possible in the end deal. All available resources will go towards this effort. This is very different than option #1. All bets would be off. Options to file the necessary motions for a complete removal of all G4 and G5 aircraft and place them on NJA property could be exercised. Notice I didn't say anything about pilots.

The RLA allows for any of the above options. It just does. No "ifs", "ands" or "what about right to work" state about it.

If the NJI group decides to fight, I salute you. Game will be on. All of you will face some of the most formidable negotiators and scope lawyers in the business. Ever.

I'd take the red pill.

The fact that some of NJI operations are in SC makes absolutely no difference in the world. Zero. NJI interacts completelt with the CMH unit who's boss resides in NJ and who's operating certificate is based in OK. Seems like a weak argument.

There are possibly 3 other scenarios that are available and will become more obvious in the next 36 months...I for one do not buy into these options above....I believe that one picks one battles, and this one is a long way from being over....the pilots at NJI could form their own union and that in turn would provide additional options too...for the NJI pilots that read these threads, we are a long way from being subjected to union membership...and being under any control by a union...so let's sit back and see whats next!

You're 100% correct.....RTS made a statement years ago concerning NJI and NJA. He is now beinmg forced to act like a man an honor that agreement.

I think the NJI guys were sacrificed by "The Man".

Its not that bad being part of a the Fractional Union. In the fuyrture, once this is all settled, you'll be able to add the word "NO' to your vocabulary.

WGFP48 said:
There are possibly 3 other scenarios that are available ...the pilots at NJI could form their own union... we are a long way from being subjected to union membership...and being under any control by a union...so let's sit back and see whats next!

So... NJI pilots will escape Unionization by Unionizing? Cool. Just wanted to get that straight.

As your group looks into Unionizing (good idea) you will find that the RLA will uphold the terms of a single carrier lawsuit 1108 will file and the aquisition of the Gs into NJA will proceed.

What "other scenarios" are you talking about simply by be being Unionized?

I think it will be interesting to call your bluff... cause we already know what cards you are holding.

FLYLOW22 said:
So... NJI pilots will escape Unionization by Unionizing? Cool. Just wanted to get that straight.

As your group looks into Unionizing (good idea) you will find that the RLA will uphold the terms of a single carrier lawsuit 1108 will file and the aquisition of the Gs into NJA will proceed.

What "other scenarios" are you talking about simply by be being Unionized?

I think it will be interesting to call your bluff... cause we already know what cards you are holding.

Well let's see...Option #1 seems to say take what we give you!

Option #2 seems to say if you don't take Opt#1 then you are going to get our total wrath!

Neither option is acceptable...maybe it is time for the SU/IBT to come out and state what they plan to do to ease the NJI pilots into the fold? Cause it ain't going to be easy!

I for one also remember statements made by senior management concerning unionization at NJI...most of the pilot force came here to NJI with the idea of not being a part of a union...statements like "take it or leave it" have no place in making a safe working environment. So come on SU/IBT step up to the plate here!

WGFP48 said:
I for one also remember statements made by senior management concerning unionization at NJI...most of the pilot force came here to NJI with the idea of not being a part of a union...statements like "take it or leave it" have no place in making a safe working environment. So come on SU/IBT step up to the plate here!

I bet you will hear from 1108 after they have reason to call... after the vote. I agree with your statement though.

gunfyter said:
No need to get everyone agitated.

Gunfyter,

Its seems several of your 'A' side posters on this board specialize in agitation.

As for me, like the Al Frankin SNL character would say (anybody remember his name);

"Im good enough, and Im smart enough, and darn it, I like myself"

translation:

I dont need a union to be a Gulfstream Pilot, and if I have to move to VNY, PBI, or heaven forbid TEB; then thats what I have to do.

But I will say, guys like you, Hogprint, and a few others conduct yourself with respect on this board, and for that I repsect you.

Latest resources

Back