NJA upgrade time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fullsail

First post, be gentle fellas! Is Aug/2005 still accurate as the most junior Captain on the property? How about the most junior XL Captain? Most junior X Captain?
Thx in advance

Welcome on board!

Most junior XL PIC was hired on 12/2/04

Most junior X PIC was hired on 7/17/04

Most junior on property was hired on 8/8/05

Last edited:
FYI - Most recent junior captain bid was for the Encore+ and went to someone with a 4/2005 hire date. Upgrades are at 3 years and increasing.

FYI - Most recent junior captain bid was for the Encore+ and went to someone with a 4/2005 hire date. Upgrades are at 3 years and increasing.

FYI... they just posted awards for about 10 captain positions. Only 1 was a true upgrade, the other 9 were captains jumping around. Soooooo, at the rate of 1 upgrade per month, its going to much longer than 3 yrs. I would count on at least 7 yrs.

On the other hand, the new contract has increased seat locks from 24 months to 39, which should slow down the aircraft-hopping. The fact that they now all pay the same (with very few exceptions) will probably also affect the plane-jumping.

But if the "aircraft hopping" stops ... there will be fewer bids because no vacancies will be created by those leaving their present seats....

This might have been the case when they staffed the company 70/30. But with a leaner 60/40 or even 55/45, those seats dont really become vacant.

This might have been the case when they staffed the company 70/30. But with a leaner 60/40 or even 55/45, those seats dont really become vacant.

We're at approx 67/33 right now. Heard the 60/40 is the goal so upgrade will slow for a bit...but with net 50+ planes this year and hiring 450+ that can only help. My S.W.A.G is 4-5, but I'm just the drummer.:laugh:

I know there is no Mandatory Retirement age, but I have only flown with one captain on the XL under 60 years old. Most of these guys I am flying with are saying they only have a couple of years left in them...... Take it for what its worth, I think there will be alot of guys dropping in the next 5 years for retirements...

Latest resources

Back